Looking for a different version of this character?
|As a result of the New 52 in 2011, the entire line of DC characters was relaunched, incorporating properties belonging to the company's imprints: Wildstorm, Milestone, and Vertigo. As such, elements of this character's history have been altered in some way from the previous incarnation. For a complete list of all versions of this character, see our disambiguation page.|
She was responsible for bringing Superboy to maturation as well as his emotional and psychological conditioning. She always attempted to research a genetic manipulation that transformed her and 12 others, as well as a way to reverse the mutation, all while keeping her metahuman ability to increase her mass and strength a secret.
When a suspicious Superboy confronted her, Fairchild was forced to reveal her growing meta-ability. Once N.O.W.H.E.R.E. discovered her ability, they captured her for further study. Feeling guilty for outing her and still suspicious of N.O.W.H.E.R.E.'s intention, Superboy rescued Fairchild in disguise and got her safely to the home of Jocelyn Lure, an NYPD detective. Frustrated that her plans had been disrupted, she hijacked one of N.O.W.H.E.R.E.'s own airships and breaking into the Colony just in time for the Culling.
Once she arrived at the Colony, Fairchild helped liberate the young metahuman captives from N.O.W.H.E.R.E.'s high security prison and lab. She sent them in several different escape pods away from the Colony, arriving at locations around the world. Along with several Colony refugees, she herself escaped to Alaska. While she attempted to organize the refugees into a singular force, several quickly deserted her. With a small handful of refugees, she now attempts to escape the attention of N.O.W.H.E.R.E. agents, such as Warblade and former friend Rose Wilson.
Powers and Abilities
- Unique Physiology: As a clone of the original Caitlin, Fairchild's physiology enables her to augment her muscle mass to enhance her physical attributes. So far, Her powers include:
- Caitlin Fairchild was created by Jim Lee, Brandon Choi and J. Scott Campbell, first appearing as part of the Wildstorm Universe in Deathmate Black. However, in the rebooted Prime Earth continuity her first appearance as part of the New 52 DC Universe is in Scott Lobdell and Brett Booth's New 52 Superboy (Volume 6) #1.
- 38 Appearances of Caitlin Fairchild (Prime Earth)
- 12 Images featuring Caitlin Fairchild (Prime Earth)
- 3 Quotations by or about Caitlin Fairchild (Prime Earth)
- Character Gallery: Caitlin Fairchild (Prime Earth)
This project page needs to be cleaned up.
This article needs maintenance and organization, as it may have become cluttered or confusing. Its heart is in a good place, it's just a little special. Won't you please help out an article in need? This template will categorize articles that include it into the Clean Up task category.