- I'm sorry, Mikey. We can't cure cancer. We cannot be a god. To stop ourselves, we must come to know our limitations. Even if it's a lie.
Appearing in "Genesis"
- Captain Atom (Flashback and main story)
- Ranita Carter (Flashback and main story)
- Mikey Parker (Flashback and main story) (Dies)
- General Eiling (Flashback only)
- Justice League (In a vision)
- Grodd (In a vision)
Synopsis for "Genesis"
To defeat the Chrono Mota, a future version of Captain Atom realizes he needs to go back in time to stop himself from acquiring a god complex. This happened when he cured Mikey Parker's cancer, which set off a chain of events that ended with Captain Atom becoming Chrono Mota and destroying the Earth. So the future Captain Atom travels back in time to Mikey's surgery at 253:11:11:54 Year 6574 and restores his cancer. This kills the boy, but it causes Captain Atom to believe that he has limits, thus preventing him from destroying the world in the future.
At time 335:13:35:15 Year 6574 Captain Atom watches parents grieving over Mickey Parker's grave. Reassured of his hubris rather than divinity, Atom eavesdrops on Ranita Carter's texts to create a romantic date with her. Captain Atom creates a flesh and blood avatar of Nathaniel Adam and sits down to dinner with Ranita.
- Michael Parker's surgery was last seen at time 253:11:11:54 Year 6574 in Captain Atom Vol 3 2.
- Captain Atom had previously watched a cancer-free Michael Parker play Frisbie at 335:13:35:15 Year 6574 in Captain Atom Vol 3 7.
- No trivia.
- Discuss Captain Atom Vol 3 10 on the forums
- Cover gallery for the Captain Atom series
- Images from Captain Atom Vol 3 10
- Captain Atom Recommended Reading