"Mind Over Matter": In the midst of battle, Captain Atom learns that the creature was a lab rat in one of Doctor Megala's earlier dimensional barrier experiments. The rat-creature can also see into Captain Atoms mind and knows that [[Wade Eiling (Prime Earth)|Ge
- To them, I might be exactly like this creature. Just another threat to be contained or eliminated.
Synopsis for "Mind Over Matter"
In the midst of battle, Captain Atom learns that the creature was a lab rat in one of Doctor Megala's earlier dimensional barrier experiments. The rat-creature can also see into Captain Atoms mind and knows that General Eiling's planes are coming.
Captain Atom intercepts the planes to stop their bombs from powering the rat-creature further, and the pilots are saved. Captain Atom thinks that he needs to reconcile those actions with General Eiling.
Eiling is not concerned with Captain Atom's intentions, and calls in an air strike that will target both combatants. Captain Atom uses his understanding of his own power to stop the re-fusion of the protons and neutrons in the creature, and it evaporates. General Eiling reluctantly calls off the air-strike.
Atom returns to the Continuum at the end of day 252 and Dr Megala's instruments detect him and the scientist implores him to rebuild Ranita's burnt hand. With Doctor Megala's guidance, Captain Atom succeeds.
Seven weeks later, the Clock reads "297:18:28:20 Year 6574". Having saved Ranita and Michael Parker, Captain Atom is satisfied. But twenty years in the future, something has been set in motion. At "004:01:01:92 Year 6594" the entire Earth erupts in an apocalyptic explosion.
Appearing in "Mind Over Matter"
- Superman (Mentioned only)
- The date code is read: "Day:Hour:Minute:Second on Year". It is further explained in Captain Atom (Volume 3) #7.
- The date clock reading 004:01:01:92 Year 6594 places the end of the world on January 4, 2031. The seconds read "92", which is either an error or a statement that the clock has stopped counting.
- Captain Atom Recommended Reading