"Time Out": The present, and the clock reads "335:21:10:33 Year 6574". A distorted reflection becomes another Captain Atom and takes Nathaniel into the time stream, where many future Captain Atoms meet in the "Interval Phase". Future Atom states tha
- With attention like that, a guy could get a complex.
Synopsis for "Time Out"
The present, and the clock reads "335:21:10:33 Year 6574". A distorted reflection becomes another Captain Atom and takes Nathaniel into the time stream, where many future Captain Atoms meet in the "Interval Phase". Future Atom states that the destruction of the entire planet is coming: cause unknown. Somewhere, obscured by the destruction, there is an small event that can change the future - something close to his present. Future Captain Atoms cannot change the past without destroying causality; however they can show Nathaniel the future.
Captain Atom is ejected from the time-stream 20 years in his future at "003:11:12:23 Year 6594" - the day before the end of the world. The public worship him. He looks for advice and finds the Continuum abandonned but still operational. Future Doctor Megala attacks Atom with an energy weapon and must be restrained. Sent from the past, Captain Atom warns Megala of the end of the Earth. Megala tells him to find Ranita Carter. She is saving pilgrims in Libya.
Appearing in "Time Out"
- Captain Atom (future and main story)
- Doctor Megala (future only)
- Wade Eiling (future only)
- Continuum Lab (future only)
- Kansas City
- Los Angeles (future only)
- Libya (future only)
- The Bleed (Mentioned only)
- The date code is read: "Day:Hour:Minute:Second on Year". It is further explained in Captain Atom (Volume 3) #7. Year 6574 is Gregorian year 2011.
- In the sequence which takes place in Libya, the pilgrims say that they have made it to Mecca, which is in Saudi Arabia. The pilgrims are referring to Chrono Mota's Mecca, which was revealed as Nabta Playa in Captain Atom (Volume 3) #7 and is located across the present Libyan/ Egyptian border.
- Captain Atom Recommended Reading