Looking for a different version of this character?
|As a result of the New 52 in 2011, the entire line of DC characters was relaunched, incorporating properties belonging to the company's imprints: Wildstorm, Milestone, and Vertigo. As such, elements of this character's history have been altered in some way from the previous incarnation's. For a complete list of all versions of this character, see our disambiguation page.|
Carl Draper also known as The Master Jailer was a Superman villain who was beaten and sent to Belle Reve Prison. He joined the Suicide Squad to raid and sink Atlantis when it was raised to the surface. However, another member of their team, Lord Satanis double crossed them and attempted to use the Needlefish Bane, an Atlantean artifact to give him magical abilities. It was revealed that he didn't have any powers of his own, and was planning to nuke Atlantis to sink it. The Suicide Squad then formed an alliance with Aquaman to defeat Satanis. After they succeeded, Carl used his powers to mostly contain the blast, but was killed from the reduced blast.
- Master Jailer was created by Martin Pasko and Curt Swan, first appearing in Superman #331. However, in the Prime Earth continuity Master Jailer first appeared as part of the New 52 DC Universe in Suicide Squad (Volume 5) #45 by Rob Williams, Dan Abnett, and Jose Luis.
- 5 Appearances of Carl Draper (Prime Earth)
- 1 Images featuring Carl Draper (Prime Earth)
- Quotations by or about Carl Draper (Prime Earth)
- Character Gallery: Carl Draper (Prime Earth)
Expression error: Missing operand for -.
Suicide Squad member