Looking for a different version of this character?
|As a result of the New 52 in 2011, the entire line of DC characters was relaunched, incorporating properties belonging to the company's imprints: Wildstorm, Milestone, and Vertigo. As such, elements of this character's history have been altered in some way from the previous incarnation. For a complete list of all versions of this character, see our disambiguation page.|
Carmen Leno was one half of the Body Doubles, a team of high end assassins.
After a troubled childhood and a brief stint as an adult video actress, Carmen Leno enlisted in the United States Army and fought in Iraq as a Private First Class. An ambush on her squad south of Basra left most of her fellow soldiers dead. Carmen survived, but lost her left arm. She was selected for Tektite enhancement by Mitch Shelley's secret unit. The tektites caught on, and her arm grew back. She made friends with one of the specialists, Bonny Hoffman.
A mysterious attacker attacked the base, leaving most present wounded. Shelley ordered Tektite treatment on everyone, including Hoffman. Carmen and Bonny were the only ones on which the Tektites fully worked, granting them superhuman powers. They became Shelley and Hooker's top agents. After Shelley's death, they struck out on their own as assassins for hire.
Powers and Abilities
- Tektite Enhancement
- Carmen Leno was created by Andy Lanning, Dan Abnett, and Jackson Guice, first appearing in Resurrection Man #1. However, in the Prime Earth continuity, Carmen Leno first appeared as part of the New 52 DC Universe in Resurrection Man (Volume 2) #1 by Dan Abnett, Andy Lanning, and Fernando Dagnino.
- 9 Appearances of Carmen Leno (Prime Earth)
- 7 Images featuring Carmen Leno (Prime Earth)
- 2 Quotations by or about Carmen Leno (Prime Earth)
- Character Gallery: Carmen Leno (Prime Earth)