- It's been a long while since I made someone bleed. Time to go hunting.
- — Carter Hall src
Carter Hall is a 20th century reincarnation of Prince Khufu and is as a costumed vigilante, under the alias "Hawkman".
Years later, Shayera was killed by the Icicle, which sent Carter over the edge and he put the Icicle in a catatonic state. Not long after, Carter's activities as Hawkman came to an end, when he and the rest of the JSA were framed by Checkmate and arrested. Like the others, Carter tried to protect the others and take the blame. In the end, the conviction against Carter didn't hold up and he was released.
Carter was ultimately forced out of retirement, alongside Dr. Fate, when the Icicle's son began to track down and kill the former members of the JSA. This lead to them meeting and befriending some younger crime-fighting vigilantes like Clark Kent and Oliver Queen. After the second Icicle was taken down, Carter decided to try and reform the JSA. This task wasn't completed before Carter's death.
Carter became involved in the network of superheroes, that the younger heroes were setting up. However, he ended up having to give his own life, to save Lois Lane. Carter was buried next to his late wife, in Egypt. Based on statements made by Carter, soon after his death, Carter and Shayera were reincarnated and reunited in a new life.
Powers and Abilities
- This version of the character is exclusive to the continuity of the television series Smallville and its tie-in and comic book series, Smallville and Smallville Season 11. It is an adaptation of Hawkman. The original character was created by Gardner Fox and Dennis Neville and first appeared in Flash Comics #1.
- Carter Hall was portrayed by Michael Shanks.
- A Hawkman action figure briefly appeared in the episode "Action".
- 10 Appearances of Carter Hall (Smallville)
- 9 Images featuring Carter Hall (Smallville)
- 2 Quotations by or about Carter Hall (Smallville)
- Character Gallery: Carter Hall (Smallville)
Justice Society of America member