Cassandra Newland possess the power of the Orb just as Void of the Wildcats. In the far future, the orbs had been part of Omnia, Mistress of Light. Omnia would lose her final battle against the darkness, but could not be destroyed. Instead, her power was dispersed into many small Orbs of Power.
Providence has acted as an adversary to Void on a couple of occasions. Once, Providence acted as an oracle and spiritual guide to the Daemonite Cabal. She later allied herself with Tapestry, only to be betrayed by the witch. Afterwards, Void and Providence found they could no longer sense each other's presence.
After Armageddon, Providence found herself fighting an elder god in the ruins of Providence, Rhode Island. After defeating the monster, she encountered former Wildcats member turned villain Tao, who had the current Void (Nikola Hanssen) captured. Providence was forced to fight a mind-controlled Void and was ultimately captured and controlled by Tao, who then revealed his intentions to use her, Void, and Max Faraday's powers in ruling post-Apocalyptic Earth and remaking all of creation.
Providence was situated in Tao's base of command in Salt Lake City, Utah where the Wildcats and Team 7 invaded to stop Tao. After Spartan absorbed Void's powers to battle Tao, Tao in turn absorbed Providence's as well. As Tao had the winning advantage over Spartan, Providence was recharged by Void and let herself to battle Tao allowing the Wildcats and Team 7 to escape. Unfortunately, Tao told her that her self-sacrifice was in vain and that he had planned to let his enemies escape so he could trace them in finding Max Faraday. After stating that he had no further use for her, Tao killed Providence as all her remaining powers were absorbed into him and leaving her wasted away.
Powers and Abilities
- Orb of Power: Like Void, Providence is a woman who has bonded with this celestial orb and entity, and is driven by forces she often cannot understand though she retains heavy control over them. 'However' her abilities, nature, and purpose are slightly if not beyond those of her counterpart. Also like Void, she is a key part in coordinating many super villain teams and despots, existing in order to manipulate events and help guide them to their proper destination in the greater scheme of the universe.
- Astral Projection
- Time Travel
- Quantum Energy Manipulation: Providence has demonstrated that she can manipulate the same energies Void can produce yet to a much greater extent. When she and Void or another wielder of the 'orb of power' pool their resources, she becomes capable of restructuring the whole of reality, but this can only work with another orb user.
- Orb Awareness: Like other orb users, Providence has a keen awareness of other 'Orbs of Power' since due to their common origin, they all are somewhat linked together. Like Void, she can sense the presence of other orbs of power even over the longest distances and interact with them to an extent, as she and Void are both prophets of the Orb.
- 21 Appearances of Cassandra Newland (Wildstorm Universe)
- 5 Images featuring Cassandra Newland (Wildstorm Universe)
- 1 Quotations by or about Cassandra Newland (Wildstorm Universe)
- Character Gallery: Cassandra Newland (Wildstorm Universe)