Cassandra Spellcraft was heir to the Spellcraft clan, a line of failed pharmacists who turned to alchemy for quick - and illicit - gain. As alchemists, the Spellcrafts were brilliant but often careless, with Cassandra's three immediate foremothers all killed by their own experiments.
Well aware of her family's reputation, but no less ambitious for it, Cassandra acquired a husband - and assistant - in Cabala and set out to conquer Gotham City with her inventions. Her efforts proved successful for a time, even allowing her to recruit six of Gotham's most infamous arch-criminals, but ultimately proved no match for Batman, whose own intellect counteracted her inventions and overcame her gang.
Cassandra was then sent to Gotham State Penitentiary, where she presumably remains to this day.
- Camouflage Pills: Provide eight hours of invisibility when swallowed. According to Cassandra, the effect immediately fades if the user loses consciousness.
- Alvino Ray Gun: Alters the structure of cellular molecules, reducing any living victim to an immobile, two-dimensional figurine. The effect is not (immediately) fatal, but leaves the victim totally unconscious.
- Cassandra was portrayed by British-born actress and director Ida Lupino. Her husband Cabala was played by Lupino's real-life (albeit estranged) husband Howard Duff.
- Though Cassandra never officially appeared in the Batman '66 continuation comic, artist Scott Kowalchuk developed plans for her to be a member of the League of Shadows, and a possible inventor of Venom.
- According to Stanley Ralph Ross, Cassandra's name was derived from that of a young girl who lived next door to him, and constantly asked for an appearance on Batman.
- 2 Appearances of Cassandra Spellcraft (Batman 1966 TV Series)
- 1 Images featuring Cassandra Spellcraft (Batman 1966 TV Series)
- 1 Quotations by or about Cassandra Spellcraft (Batman 1966 TV Series)
- Character Gallery: Cassandra Spellcraft (Batman 1966 TV Series)
|1966-1968 Batman television series and the 1966 Batman feature film. This template will categorize articles that include it into Batman TV Series Characters.|
|Batman Villain(s) from the 1966 series |
This character, team or organization, was primarily an enemy of the Batman in either the 1966 film or related television show. This template will categorize articles that include it into the "Batman (1966 TV Series) Villains category."