Cassius Payne is the son of Preston Payne, better known as Clayface III, and Sondra Fuller, aka Lady Clay/Clayface IV. Having inherited his parents' powerrs, Payne became the fifth Clayface, acting as an enemy to Batman.
As his mother, Cassius inherited certain shapeshifting abilities at a very early age. When he was still a toddler, Cassius was kidnapped by the serial killer known as Abattoir, who used the boy to blackmail his parents. After Clayface III followed Abattoir's command, he allowed Cassius to return to his father, who was soon captured by the new Batman. Clayface III was taken by the authorities and Cassius was then taken to a S.T.A.R. Labs facility.
Powers and Abilities
- His name, "Cassius," is a pun on "Cassius Clay," the birthname of legendary boxer Muhammad Ali.
- 28 Appearances of Cassius Payne (New Earth)
- 7 Images featuring Cassius Payne (New Earth)
- Quotations by or about Cassius Payne (New Earth)
- Character Gallery: Cassius Payne (New Earth)
Secret Society of Super-Villains member