No real mind there...mechanical movement of basic directives across vast distances...so huge and simple and implacable...reptilian...as Animal Man said...too primitive to reason with...it brings mass extinction...destroy. Annihilate. Convert all life into death...urr...fuel for the warbringer...urrrnn...is there anybody? Is there...AM MAH-GEH-DUN!
Our greatest power comes from your belief in us, as your allies and friends. We cherish your trust, and hope you will always find us worthy of it. That trust will allow us to preserve liberty for all people, and bring justice to those who would deny it. My partners symbolize the salvation my planet never received. Please accept us as part of your world, not apart from you.
I am Mars' sole survivor. There is a reason for that.
Thanks to your arrogance and stupidity, I have now seen two worlds die. I will never forgive you for this.
Justice? For who? My wife and daughter? Myself? The man who orchestrated my murder still walks the streets. Half the League you knew is gone. Justice is dead, Barry. And the rest of the universe is about to catch up.
They were Terrified. But they didn't break ranks. They were horrified, but they stood Firm. And the shining Truth in that moment -- is that Never was the line between hero and villain so inescapably Clear.
The Imaginal Realm is not so much a place, Arthur… as a state of being. A doorway to -- universal consciousness.
I have many alternate identities, Plastic Man. The first I adopted on this world, however was John Jones Middleton, Colorado, Police Department, now retired.
''It's Metamorpho and he's come for his family!''
It worked. They... are our prisoners once more. No one died... this day... save for me.
Your grammar is impeccable Wonder Woman. It appears to have stunned him.
A savage unbound. Lashing out blindly. Innocents in his path. Only Kyle notices... Only Green Lantern turns his back on mortal enemies to protect lives... of men and women who believe him a monster. Without much left resembling a face... I smile.. then nothing more.
General Glory... hmmm. Perhaps it's not as strange as it sounds. After all, we've got two Gods, an ice-goddess, a robot, an idiot with a magic ring, a grown man who flies around in a giant bug - and a green man from Mars. So - who's to say comic book characters aren't real?
We'll learn together. You, myself, and the others.
Triumph, I've warned you repeatedly about your impulsive and reckless actions. I have exhausted all avenues of persuasion — save one ...
These disturbances ... across the globe are indeed connected. And I have left my students exposed while Neron distracts me.
I'm not saying it's our time. But eventually -- they'll need us again. I'm talking about the League. It's the true beauty of what we created, Arthur -- for all its changes -- the League never really changes.
Unfortunately, your clairvoyant abilities make it somewhat… difficult for me to read your thoughts. I find similar obscurity in the minds of psychopaths and schizophrenics.
I do not wish to be unkind, but the life of a hero is extremely demanding. It is filled with sacrifice and difficult choices. You must know why you do it. The wrong reasons can be tragic, as we in the JLA learned with Antaeus recently.
Fire, Malefic! For ages fire had no hold on you -- for you had no telepathy. I have disciplined myself not to stare into the flame, to attain some degree of control over our weakness. You... have not.
For as long as I can remember, my only wish was to find another like me. I told myself just one would be enough. Just one would give me hope that our race could survive. And now, to come face to face with the very thing I hoped for only to find you.
Mister President -- shut up.
All items (68)
- J'onn J'onzz (New Earth)
- J'onn's Martian Home
- JLA Vol 1 6
- JLA Vol 1 50
- JLA Vol 1 52
- JLA Vol 1 55
- JLA Vol 1 56
- JLA Vol 1 58
- JLA Vol 1 74
- JLA Vol 1 76
- JLA Vol 1 84
- JLA 80-Page Giant Vol 1 1
- JLA Classified Vol 1 13
- JLA Classified Vol 1 15
- JLA Classified Vol 1 42
- JLA Classified Vol 1 44
- JLA Classified Vol 1 45
- JLA Classified Vol 1 50
- JLA/The Spectre: Soul War Vol 1 1
- JLA/The Spectre: Soul War Vol 1 2
- JLA/Titans Vol 1 1
- JLA: Liberty and Justice
- Justice League America Vol 1 47
- Justice League America Vol 1 77
- Justice League America Vol 1 92
- Justice League Europe Vol 1 33
- Justice League International Vol 1 22
- Justice League of America Vol 2 12
- Justice League of America (New Earth)
- Justice League Quarterly Vol 1 5
- Justice League Task Force Vol 1 0
- Justice League Task Force Vol 1 1
- Justice League Task Force Vol 1 7
- Justice League Task Force Vol 1 10
- Justice League Task Force Vol 1 27
- Justice League Task Force Vol 1 28
- Justice League Task Force Vol 1 30
- Justice League Task Force Vol 1 34
- Madame Xanadu Vol 2 21
- Mageddon (New Earth)
- Martian Manhunter Vol 1 1
- Martian Manhunter Vol 1 4
- Martian Manhunter Vol 2 0
- Martian Manhunter Vol 2 2
- Martian Manhunter Vol 2 9
- Martian Manhunter Vol 2 18
- Martian Manhunter Vol 2 21
- Martian Manhunter Vol 2 23
- Martian Manhunter Vol 2 1000000
- Martian Manhunter Vol 3 1
- Martian Manhunter Vol 3 2
- Martian Manhunter Vol 3 3
- Martian Manhunter Vol 3 4
- Martian Manhunter Vol 3 5
- Martian Manhunter Vol 3 6
- Martian Manhunter Vol 3 7
- Martian Manhunter Vol 3 8