Thanks for thinking of me. I'm happy to help, Bruce. Honored, even. That'll be $150,000.
This is Red Hood and Red Robin broadcasting on all Spyral satellite communications. The following message is for Agent 37. We have discovered the truth behind Mother's signal and are inbound to your location. Mother's children aren't evil. They're not monsters. They're victims of programming, abuse, and trauma. And they can change. Which means they're not the enemy. Fact is, they're just like us. We may have began as the soldiers Batman built for his crusade. But we became something else, something he never expected. We started as an army. We chose to be a family. And if there's hope for us... there's hope for anyone.
Really? You don't think I understand what it's like to be abandoned? Forgotten? To be the Robin nobody trusts?
None of us Robins were ever as good as Batgirl. We knew it. Drove us all crazy. She's got the legs of a ballerina... and the brains of a librarian... But that's not all. It never was, Batwoman. I think it was because she didn't do what she does for revenge. Not like ol' dead Nightwing or me. She doesn't fight for some ghost. She fights for someone alive.
I'm sorry, I'm never going to be the hero you want me to be. I have every confidence in you--that you'll stay the hero I know you are.
But there are some crimes -- sins -- even Gotham can't wash away.
My name is Jason Todd. In my short lives, I've been a homeless kid --...and an outlaw. To name a few. Now? God help us one and all... I'm a teacher.
I just want to tell you. You may have been a mediocre archer... and a half-assed "superhero"... but you were the best friend I ever had. Next time I see you, I'm going to kick your butt for this dying crap.
You shot Clayface because it was the right thing to do. One hundred percent. It's why I stood up for you. I tried to kill Penguin because I was angry. There's no walking back from that. He can take his forgiveness and--
I'm gonna go out on a limb here and guess... you three guys are Solitary?
You hurt a lot of people. No one is going to care if you die here on the dirt floor of an abandoned Mexican prison.
The Iceberg Lounge. We don't discriminate here. Rich and poor are both welcome to lose everything at the 'Berg. The new owner, same as the last -- is a long stretch of bad news. I know what I'm talking about. Because I'm the new proprietor...
The crazy thing about life, Miguel -- one of the crazy things... sometimes you don't know what you want till you learn what you don't.
A whole night in Paris... and I managed to not kill anyone. Not bad.
You made the same mistake everyone does when it comes to me. I'm not evil. Or good. Unfortunately for you... I'm just practical as hell.
So alive. So happy. I want to warn them...but know I can't.
I may not have been the best sidekick in the world... I was craptastic as a super-villain... but I'll be damned if I wasn't a hell of an Outlaw.
So here I am. A "hero"? A "villain"? I'm the guy who can do the things that Batman can't... become someone that Batman won't. Am I the man Bruce wanted me to become? Not even close. But someday soon he'll realize... I'm exactly who he needs.
Roy Harper, speechless? You just made this whole trip worth it.
But guys like us? The life we lead? We're never truly alone. Every day is a fresh horror. Every memory a nightmare. Even when it is just the two of us... there's a pasty-faced clown sitting in the corner of the room, just laughing. At us.
You know what is really emasculating? Getting killed. Get over yourself, Harper.
Sure it was fun. But does that mean it was right...? ...I mean, am I really making a difference out there? Or am I just trying to march this Penguin off a cliff because I can? Sometimes I wonder if I'm just part of the problem. If we all are.
Listen to the city on the other side of the walls. The cars racing to places people don't want to go. The ambulances racing from horror to hope. Listen to the people shouting and laughing and loving and fighting and giving birth and taking lives. Listen for the heartbeat among the chaos of Gotham City... like I did when I was a kid and slept on the sidewalk on more than one night. There is a world out there in this one city. Can you hear it?
Hollow-point armor-piercing shells. Should be able to stop a tank. Unfortunately for me -- this isn't a tank. It's a Superman clone.
So what's the deal, Red? Stirk clearly projected an image of someone who rattled you. Who has the ability to make you look like a scared teenage girl?
See, now? If Bats were here, he'd have explained that I wasn't probably supposed to do that. He'd say there are better ways to spend your energy. "You're a Robin. Be a Robin." That's what he'd say, if Bats was here.
This way isn't just fighting street punks with tech. It's battling evil in many forms. It's life and death. Again and again. Dana... are you ready for that?
The myth of Bruce Wayne and Batman is that his parents were gunned down and he was left a lonely orphan... but he's never been alone.
All items (55)
- Red Hood and the Outlaws Vol 1 0
- Red Hood and the Outlaws Vol 1 18
- Red Hood and the Outlaws Vol 1 19
- Red Hood and the Outlaws Vol 1 1
- Red Hood and the Outlaws Vol 1 25
- Red Hood and the Outlaws Vol 1 27
- Red Hood and the Outlaws Vol 1 31
- Red Hood and the Outlaws Vol 1 32
- Red Hood and the Outlaws Vol 1 33
- Red Hood and the Outlaws Vol 1 3
- Red Hood and the Outlaws Vol 1 40
- Red Hood and the Outlaws Vol 1 7
- Red Hood and the Outlaws Vol 1 8
- Red Hood and the Outlaws Vol 1 9
- Red Hood and the Outlaws Vol 2 14
- Red Hood and the Outlaws Vol 2 15
- Red Hood and the Outlaws Vol 2 21
- Red Hood and the Outlaws Vol 2 24
- Red Hood and the Outlaws Vol 2 26
- Red Hood and the Outlaws Vol 2 4
- Red Hood and the Outlaws Vol 2 5
- Red Hood and the Outlaws Vol 2 8
- Red Hood and the Outlaws: Rebirth Vol 1 1
- Red Hood/Arsenal Vol 1 10
- Red Hood/Arsenal Vol 1 12
- Red Hood/Arsenal Vol 1 13
- Red Hood/Arsenal Vol 1 8
- Red Hood: Outlaw Vol 1 27
- Red Hood: Outlaw Vol 1 28
- Red Hood: Outlaw Vol 1 29
- Red Hood: Outlaw Vol 1 30
- Red Hood: Outlaw Vol 1 31
- Red Hood: Outlaw Vol 1 32
- Red Hood: Outlaw Vol 1 33
- Red Hood: Outlaw Vol 1 34
- Red Hood: Outlaw Vol 1 35
- Red Hood: Outlaw Vol 1 37
- Red Hood: Outlaw Vol 1 48
- Red Hood: Outlaw Vol 1 49
- Red Hood: Outlaw Vol 1 50
- Red Hood: Outlaw Vol 1 52
- Red Hood: Outlaw Annual Vol 1 3
- Robin War Vol 1 1