You killed. You went against everything you believe in. For me? Thank you, Bruce.
Is this what you want, Ganthet? Are you so happy to see so many tie? Look at all of this!''
The ground beneath us is clear. Take the shot.
You can't possibly understand what he took. He stole the life Lois and I would have had together. Our child. And more. There was going to be someone else like me in the world. Another Kryptonian. Someone who would have made me feel less alone. And I would have loved that child more than anything. I already did.
Our way of life is threatened. Bruce Wayne, the terrorist also known as Batman, has stolen a powerful weapon. He intends to use it against us. We are standing here, together, today, to tell you that we will not allow Batman to terrorize the planet. We are standing here today to tell you that we will fight for each and every one of you. We will fight for peace. We will fight against the terror that Batman represents.
You do not have to fear this great evil. Because we will be ever watching. Ever vigilant. As a reporter, my wife, Lois Lane, spent her time uncovering evil. She believed that no matter how well injustice, corruption and evil hid, it could always be rooted out. It could always be exposed.
We are gathering our forces. We will expose Batman and all who seek to aid him.
The last thing Lois ever said to me was "Save the world." I intend to. Whatever it takes.
...There are those who continue to defend these psychopaths. It's why I'm in Gotham today. There's something... sick in your city. These twisted individuals who have hurt your city time and time again cannot be allowed to do so anymore.
I will no longer allow them to kill and maim and terrorize and then be 'treated.' The onus has always been on getting these people the help they deserve.
They deserve nothing. Their illness can no longer be an excuse for your threatened safety.
You deserve to know that they can never threaten you again. One of these madmen permanently scarred this world. Myself and fellow Justice League members have decided that these criminals must be taken away, far from Gotham.
I promise you, they will never threaten you again.
I'm so sorry. We failed you. My name -- my Earth name -- is Clark Kent.
That's it. Go. Turn your back on me. Hide behind your little Bruce Wayne mask. Convince them you're the one to lead. But you and I know the truth. Once you take the reins, you will never return the world to the people. You will always seek ultimate control. Because, in the end, you're just a scared child still trying to stop two bullets.
All items (15)
- Injustice 2 Vol 1 1 (Digital)
- Injustice: Gods Among Us Vol 1 2
- Injustice: Gods Among Us Vol 1 12
- Injustice: Gods Among Us Vol 1 11 (Digital)
- Injustice: Gods Among Us Vol 1 14 (Digital)
- Injustice: Gods Among Us Vol 1 6 (Digital)
- Injustice: Gods Among Us: Year Four Vol 1 2
- Injustice: Gods Among Us: Year Four Vol 1 4 (Digital)
- Injustice: Gods Among Us: Year Three Vol 1 7
- Injustice: Gods Among Us: Year Three Vol 1 12 (Digital)
- Injustice: Gods Among Us: Year Three Vol 1 14 (Digital)
- Injustice: Gods Among Us: Year Two Vol 1 1 (Digital)
- Injustice: Gods Among Us: Year Two Vol 1 23 (Digital)
- Injustice: Gods Among Us: Year Two Vol 1 9 (Digital)