This is much worse than I thought. I expect some fear from children seeing their first meta-human. And those people in San Diego--I can understand their apprehension, their nerves. But from trained soldiers? From a President? That's not right.
I don't know where I am or what I'm in or how whatever happens is supposed to happen and I know that was part of the deal when I volunteered to be Dr. Megala's guinea pig. But geez, guys-- 'Project Captain Atom'?? What kind of respectable government project ends up with a code-name like 'Captain Atom?' What the hell. For you to know and me to find out, right?
The name's Captain Atom! And if you don't know who I am--I'm the guy who's gonna kick your air-mass clear across the Gulf of Mexico!
Scott, she called me. Cameron Scott. They bought the new me... but I sure as hell haven't. This isn't really me...any more than the silver freak is.
I'm Captain Atom. I have no wife. I have no children. I'm Captain Atom. I'm a living conduit plugged into the limitless Quantum Field that comprises all matter and energy. That means--there must be no limit--to what I can do! I'm Captain Atom.
The Monitors are waiting. Let us make war.
The world is in sorry shape. It needs a League that knows the difference between right and wrong... a League that knows to do right. That's why we're here.
I don't know the bottom of this -- yet. But I'm not letting this go. Monarch, Hank Hall...Nathaniel Adam -- whoever you are. I'll topple this house of cards. And when I do, I'm sending you back to whatever hell pit you came from!
Victory came because every nation and every citizen of Earth cooperated in this crisis. If we could stand together to defeat an alien enemy, then perhaps we can finally unite to bring about a lasting world peace.
Fate has sought to chuck me around time. Pummel me with these visions of what may come. Splitting me between the world I live in the world that might be. That's fine. You can keep hitting me with whatever the hell you've got. Just don't think I won't hit back.
It's not because we want to, Ice! It's because we have to!
- Batman, on the other hand. Shrewd. Tactical. Realistic. This should be one for the grandkids.
- —Monarch, on selecting the alternate Batmen into battling each other.
Countdown to Final Crisis
- I suppose I should thank you, Monitor. It was your greed after all, that set this motion. Negating your brother to steal his power? That takes hubris. And you would have kept right on killing... if only it had worked. Admit it: you wanted to be sole Monitor of the Multiverse!: Monarch
- ...No...: Monitor Solomon
- Oh, yes. But now those universes are falling into my hands, all thanks to your miscalculation. You know, I've got some real heavy hitters saluting my flag. Not one has furthered my cause as much as you. With the fall of this universe... all of the Multiverse remains mine for the taking!: Monarch
All items (30)
- Captain Atom Vol 2 1
- Captain Atom Vol 2 2
- Captain Atom Vol 2 3
- Captain Atom Vol 2 5
- Captain Atom Vol 2 11
- Captain Atom Vol 2 13
- Captain Atom Vol 2 16
- Captain Atom Vol 2 19
- Captain Atom Vol 2 21
- Captain Atom Vol 2 30
- Captain Atom Vol 2 42
- Captain Atom Vol 2 57
- Captain Atom Annual Vol 2 2
- Captain Atom: Armageddon Vol 1 1
- Captain Atom: Armageddon Vol 1 3
- Countdown: Arena Vol 1 4
- Justice League America Vol 1 81
- Justice League Europe Vol 1 3
- Justice League Europe Vol 1 15
- Justice League: Generation Lost Vol 1 4
- Justice League: Generation Lost Vol 1 6
- Justice League: Generation Lost Vol 1 9
- Justice League: Generation Lost Vol 1 14