Should Gods be a sub-category of Races, or vice-versa? Roygbiv666 00:34, 23 September 2008 (UTC)
- I would say that Gods should be a subcat of Races. Isn't the current dogma that most Gods are just extradimensional beings of great power and longevity? Another way to look at it; not every Race is considered Gods, but all pantheons of Gods are viewed as Races. The Paradox 00:53, 23 September 2008 (UTC)
- That sounds right. There are various types of Gods (Olympians, Asgardians, Martian Gods, etc.) - how should that work? Let's say Rao is a Kryptonian God. He's not really Kryptonian, but he's a Kryptonian God. I guess what I'm asking is - should the Character template take Godhood into account somehow, and/or should it be an AlienRace type of thing? Seems silly to still Cat stuff at the bottom of the page instead of the Infobox. Anybody else?
- Roygbiv666 01:27, 23 September 2008 (UTC)
- I know you wanted somebody else to reply, but what about using the categories listed in Category:Deities as the name of the AlienRace? It doesn't make sense to create another set of categories when existing ones will do. Also, I'd look at combining Category:Deities and Category:Gods since they're conceptually the same thing. The Paradox 01:44, 23 September 2008 (UTC)
- Not somebody else, just opinions. So, we have a category called Deities as well as Gods? News to me. So, one could have AlienRace = Asgardian, and Asgardian would be category that is a subcat of Races? Is that how it would work?
- Roygbiv666 02:35, 23 September 2008 (UTC)
- Gods cats into Category:Characters, Deities cats into both Category:Characters and Category:Characters by race or species, but neither of them cat into Category:Races - go figure. Yes, if you put Asgardian into the "AlienRace = " field it is automatically categorized into Category:Asgardian. However, I'd use the Gods of Asgard format that already exists (in most cases). For Rao, his Race would be Category:Gods of Krypton. The Paradox 03:24, 23 September 2008 (UTC)
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.