Change to "Unmarried"?
Should this be changed to "unmarried"? That's what the proper counterpart to Married is, because boyfriends and girlfriends are not recognized by law. It also gets rid of the sometimes very fluid term "dating". --Tupka217 08:39, February 12, 2017 (UTC)
- I've never liked dating. You can be casually dating several people and not be in a relationship. I have mixed feelings about changing to unmarried though.Kyletheobald (talk) 10:54, February 12, 2017 (UTC)
- I sorta prefer 'single' in a sense that that's what the US government refers to people who aren't married as while filling out paperwork (from my experience, but I'm no paperwork expert), but see how unmarried might clear up confusion.
- I also sorta wanna acknowledge longtime or iconic unmarried relationships (like Barry and Iris right now), or even past divorces if you're trying to phase that out too, if we can somehow get it in the template or find a spot to squeeze them in. Putting them in the affiliations honestly isn't ideal, but I just don't want those relationships to go unrecognized. --- Haroldrocks talk 19:10, February 12, 2017 (UTC)
- Given that the Relationship field is so fluid, limiting it to remove the Single and Dating is a good thing.
- As far as things like Barry and Iris, something in the notes and the "Love Interest" categories take care of that. Similarly, characters who were formerly divorced should have that spelled out in the notes and a "Formerly Divorcd" category added.
- In a side not since this is similar to Living and Dead - I really feel that field needs an "It Is Complicated" option that points to the notes with Living/Dead/Resurrected/Undead/Whatever added manually.
- - Byfield (talk) 19:44, February 12, 2017 (UTC)