Looking for a different version of this character?
|As a result of the New 52 in 2011, the entire line of DC characters was relaunched, incorporating properties belonging to the company's imprints: Wildstorm, Milestone, and Vertigo. As such, elements of this character's history have been altered in some way from the previous incarnation. For a complete list of all versions of this character, see our disambiguation page.|
Catherine Todd lived with her husband Willis and her only son Jason in Gotham City prior to the Zero Year. Catherine suffered from drug addiction and constantly fought with her husband, who himself was a petty thief.
After Jason attracted the attention of the man that would become the Joker, the madman organized for Jason to become Batman's sidekick by having Willis falsely imprisoned and killed in jail and by faking Catherine's death with a non-lethal poison to look like she died of an overdose. Jason, believing he was an orphan, was bound to cross paths with Batman.
Some time later, the Joker revealed to Jason that he had faked Catherine's death and baited him into a trap to save her. There, the Joker beat Jason with a crowbar and blew up the building they were in, killing both Jason and his mother.
Powers and Abilities
- Catherine Todd was created by Max Allan Collins and Chris Warner, first appearing in Batman #406. However, in the Prime Earth continuity, Catherine Todd first appeared as part of the New 52 DC Universe in Red Hood and the Outlaws #0 by Scott Lobdell.
- 8 Appearances of Catherine Todd (Prime Earth)
- 1 Images featuring Catherine Todd (Prime Earth)
- Quotations by or about Catherine Todd (Prime Earth)
- Character Gallery: Catherine Todd (Prime Earth)