- This is a nightmare. And just like a nightmare there's nothing I can do.
Appearing in "Contagion, Part Four: Flesh and Fire"
- Gotham City Police Department
Synopsis for "Contagion, Part Four: Flesh and Fire"
Azrael disrupts into the shack where Robin, Catwoman and Tracker are struggling for the virus's only survivor, Kendall Stuart. Catwoman, Tracker and Azrael start to fight each other and Robin tries to take Stuart to a safer place. Outside the shack, Robin is attacked by some men and he tells Stuart to run and find a place to hide. Knowing that Gotham's only hope is in danger and that without him there will be no payment; Azrael, Catwoman and Tracker join forces to protect the man. They manage to take down some of the assasins but in the end Stuart freaks out and is shot by one of the killers.
Before he dies, Stuart tells them that there are two more survivors. Robin takes a sample of blood from Stuart and heads back to Gotham City. Azrael, Catwoman and Tracker decide to search for the other survivors separately. Meanwhile in Gotham, Batman calls upon Nightwing to help them out as the virus has claimed a lot more victims.
- The events of this issue takes place between the events in Robin #27 and Azrael #15.
- This issue is reprinted in the Batman: Contagion collected edition, as well as the 2016 edition.
- The cover falsely lists this issue as "Part 5" in the Contagion crossover. It is actually "Part 4." This is a misprint, as the numbers were mixed up with Azrael #15.
- No trivia.
- Catwoman Recommended Reading
Links and References
The events from this issue are related to the Contagion crossover that went through the Batman Family Titles in 1996, in which Gotham City had an epidemic of a mutant strand of the Ebola virus. The events of Contagion lead into Batman: Legacy, Batman: Cataclysm, and ultimately No Man's Land.