- It's too late for Gotham. The blood of survivors is not a source of a cure or a vaccine against Ebola Gulf A. We've failed. All of us.
- — Batman
Synopsis for "Contagion, Part Nine: Fever Pitch"
Once in Miami, Catwoman goes to the place where Oracle told her the last survivor was. She arrives just to find what seems like a drug debt trouble. The druglords kill a man because he didn't pay them the drugs and they take the woman to an unknown place. Catwoman is outnumbered so she decides to let them go and she follows them.
The thugs take Leanore We to their boss. The crimelord tells We that because her boyfriend refused to pay them, she was gonna work the payment. Before he can say anything else, Catwoman arrives and takes down three of them leaving only the boss. The crime boss takes We as a hostage and Catwoman tries to talk the man about the prize over We's blood. He won't listen and Catwoman is forced to take him down as well.
Catwoman and We travel back to Gotham City in one of the druglord's planes. When they arrive at Gotham, Catwoman is disappointed to see Babylon Towers in ruins and everybody dead. In that moment Tracker arrives and is planning to take We to The Penguin to claim the reward but he is again tricked by Catwoman and knocked out. Catwoman goes to the Iceberg Lounge to claim the reward for herself but when she arrives she finds the place empty except for Nightwing and Batman who tell her that a survivor's blood is useless to create a cure and that there is little hope for what is left of Gotham and it's people.
Appearing in "Contagion, Part Nine: Fever Pitch"
- Tito (druglord)
- Jorgito (henchman)
- Donny Pato (Only appearance; dies)
- U.S. Military
- This is the ninth part of the Batman: Contagion storyline; as stated in the cover.
- The events of this issue takes place between Batman Chronicles #4 and Azrael #16.
- This issue is reprinted in the Batman: Contagion collected edition, as well as the 2016 edition.
- Catwoman makes a comparison between the prize for Leanore We's blood and a Steven Spielberg movie budget.
- Catwoman Recommended Reading
Links and References
The events from this issue are related to the Contagion crossover that went through the Batman Family Titles in 1996, in which Gotham City had an epidemic of a mutant strand of the Ebola virus. The events of Contagion lead into Batman: Legacy, Batman: Cataclysm, and ultimately No Man's Land.