- It's too late for Gotham. The blood of survivors is not a source of a cure or a vaccine against Ebola Gulf A. We've failed. All of us.
- -- Batman
Appearing in "Contagion, Part Nine: Fever Pitch"
- Tito (druglord)
- Jorgito (henchman)
- Donny Pato (Only appearance; dies)
- U.S. Military
Synopsis for "Contagion, Part Nine: Fever Pitch"
Once in Miami, Catwoman goes to the place where Oracle told her the last survivor was. She arrived at the place just to find what it seemed like a drug debt trouble. The druglords killed a man because he didn't pay them the drugs and they took the woman to an unknown place. Catwoman was outnumbered so she decided to let them go and she followed them.
The thugs took Leanore We to their boss. The crimelord told We that because her boyfriend refused to pay them, she was gonna work the payment. Before he could say anything else, Catwoman arrived took down three of them leaving only the boss. The crime boss took We as a hostage and Catwoman tried to talk the man about the prize over We's blood. He couldn't listen and Catwoman was forced to take him down as well.
Catwoman and We traveled back to Gotham City in one of the druglord's planes. When they arrived at Gotham, Catwoman was disappointed to see Babylon Towers in ruins and everybody dead. In that moment Tracker arrived and was planning to take We to The Penguin to claim the reward but he was again tricked by Catwoman and knocked out. Catwoman went to the Iceberg Lounge to claim the reward for herself but when she arrived she found the place empty except for Nightwing and Batman who told her that a survivor's blood was useless to create a cure and that there was little hope for what was left of Gotham and it's people.
- This is the ninth part of the Batman: Contagion storyline; as stated in the cover.
- The events of this issue takes place between Batman Chronicles #4 and Azrael #16.
- This issue is reprinted in the Batman: Contagion collected edition, as well as the 2016 edition.
- Catwoman makes a comparison between the prize for Leanore We's blood and a Steven Spielberg movie budget.
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss Catwoman Vol 2 32 on the forums
- Cover gallery for the Catwoman series
- Images from Catwoman Vol 2 32
- Catwoman Recommended Reading
Links and References
The events from this issue are related to the Contagion crossover that went through the Batman Family Titles in 1996, in which Gotham City had an epidemic of a mutant strand of the Ebola virus. The events of Contagion lead into Batman: Legacy, Batman: Cataclysm, and ultimately No Man's Land.