"The Wheel of Plagues": Catwoman and Umberto are falling through a slide that ends in a razor's edge. Catwoman uses her retractable claw to save them from a certain death. Umberto lost his guide book and now they must rely on Umberto's memory to recall what traps they
- I don't get it. Why's everybody killing themselves to get this wheel?
- — Catwoman
Synopsis for "The Wheel of Plagues"
Catwoman and Umberto are falling through a slide that ends in a razor's edge. Catwoman uses her retractable claw to save them from a certain death. Umberto lost his guide book and now they must rely on Umberto's memory to recall what traps they will face next. Catwoman's stealth, agility and stamina helps them to reach the Wheel of Plagues without being killed by the deadly traps. Catwoman notices that the traps are working smoothly even when they're more than a thousand years old. She suspects someone is keeping the place running.
On the surface, Hellhound manages to escape from his attackers and gets inside the ruins to save himself. He manages to reach the wheel by following Catwoman's trail. When he sees the opportunity, he knocks Catwoman unconscious and tells Umberto to start working to decipher the Wheel's language. Suddenly Hellhound is attacked by what at first looks like a statue but then starts to move. The same man attacks Umberto.
Catwoman wakes up in a cell and isn't aware of what happened. She demands an explanation and a familiar voice answers her. As she runs to the door to see who her captor is, she is startled to see that her captor is...
Appearing in "The Wheel of Plagues"
- Brother Umberto
- Catwoman's Retractable Claw
- Catwoman's Whip
- The events of this issue takes place between Catwoman #34 and Detective Comics #700.
- This issue explains how Catwoman got involved in the Legacy storyline.
- This issue is reprinted in the Batman: Legacy Vol. 1 (Collected).
- This issue ends with a shocking cliffhanger on who is the man that captured Catwoman, Hellhound and Umberto.