Cernunnos is a Celtic god of fertility, life, animals and the hunt. He was worshiped by the Celtic people of the British Isles, in ancient times. He appears as a man with stag like horns and legs.
Once, Batman was obliged to fight Cernunnos. 
Cernunnos was summoned to possess a mortal agent of the Dark Man, a minion of The Morrigan. After the Dark Man's defeat at the hands of Wonder Woman and her mother Hippolyta, they reported to the Morrigan. However, they were turned to stone by the head of Medusa. 
The Morrigan restored the agents to life, and transformed them into Cernunnos and the Minotaur. They were sent to seek out and kill Wonder Woman under any circumstances. Cernunnos was the first to attack, finding Wonder Woman outside the home of a woman she was helping financially. Wonder Woman was unaware of his presence, allowing him to shoot the heroine in the shoulder with an spear.
- This character is an adaptation of Cernunnos, a character in traditional stories. These include, but may not be limited to religious texts, myth, and/or folk lore. More information on the original can be found at Wikipedia.org.
- Although this character was originally introduced during DC's Earth-One era of publication, their existence following the events of the 1985–86 limited series Crisis on Infinite Earths remains intact. However, some elements of the character's Pre-Crisis history may have been altered or removed for Post-Crisis New Earth continuity, and should be considered apocryphal.
- 4 Appearances of Cernunnos (New Earth)
- 1 Images featuring Cernunnos (New Earth)
- Quotations by or about Cernunnos (New Earth)
- Character Gallery: Cernunnos (New Earth)
|Wonder Woman Villain(s)|
This character is or was primarily an enemy of Wonder Woman and the Amazons in any of her various incarnations. This template will categorize articles that include it into the "Wonder Woman Villains category."