Copy Edit Needed
Chac was the rule of an ancient Aztec tribe in the Yucatan. One day an alien vessel crash landed on Earth, and upon inspection Chac found powerful alien weapons and other marvels of science which allowed him to rule his nation with an iron fist. Among his discoveries was a potion which prolonged his life. His people eventually grew tired of his rule and over-threw him, taking and hiding his weapons and feeding him an amnesia-causing potion before setting him loose into the jungles. After hundreds of years living with amnesia, Chac would get hired by Mavis Trent to help in a dig of old Aztec ruins.
There he would have his memory restored upon finding one of his old weapons. He would soon send Mavis Trent and her colleagues back to Midway City with amnesia while he continued to find all his old weapons. This would bring Hawkman and Hawkgirl down to Yucatan to investigate, causing them to fight. Hawkman and Hawkgirl getting the best of him and easily defeating him.
Chac would later be used as a pawn along with the Joker in one of Dr. Destiny's revenge schemes against the Justice League of America. Hawkman and Batman would go down to South America to stop the two crooks, only to have a hard time of it because of items which Destiny had fused to them that would cause them to have strange powers that they could hardly control.
Following Crisis on Infinite Earth's, it's entirely possible that Chac (or at least his encounters with Earth-One Hawkman) have been erased from existence.
- Chemistry: Chac has had access and has learned how to use various devices from an alien craft of an unspecified alien race. This has granted him knowledge of various chemical formulas. One increases one's life span, the limitations of this potion are unknown, however Chac has remained youthful and vital over the past few hundred years.
He also has the knowledge to create a potion that erases one's memories and knows how to cure it. However, it appears that encountering certain objects tied to a persons past can trigger a return of their memories.
he had access to powerful alien weapons: A dousing rod which could control water, a wand which could fire bolts of energy that have concussive force, a decorated box on a string which causes sonic waves which can stop somebody in their tracks, a mask which can blow strong gusts of wind, and a carving of a head which has an as yet unknown function.
- This version of Chac, including all history and corresponding appearances, was erased from existence following the collapse of the original Multiverse in the 1985–86 Crisis on Infinite Earths limited series. Even though versions of the character may have since appeared, this information does not apply to those versions.
- 3 Appearances of Chac (Earth-One)
- 1 Images featuring Chac (Earth-One)
- Quotations by or about Chac (Earth-One)
- Character Gallery: Chac (Earth-One)
|Hawkman and Hawkgirl Villain(s) |
This character, team or organization, is or was primarily an enemy of the Hawkman, or his associates Hawkgirl and Hawkwoman. This template will categorize articles that include it into the "Hawkman Villains category."