From her childhood, the woman known only as Chain Lightning was interested in sorcery. After years of study, she was able to perform a ritual in which endowed herself with the power to absorb and dispel electricity, in the form of lightning bolts. As such, she can cause Mary Marvel and possibly others Marvel Family members to revert to their non-powered forms if she attacks them with enough of a charge. Her first encounter with the Marvel family was with Mary Marvel, during a party in the mansion of Mary's foster parents, the Bromfields. Mary eventually defeated Chain Lightning and she was taken away by the police. 
- Electrokinesis: Chain Lightning has the ability to absorb, generate and project volumes of electrical energy of an extremely high voltage. She also has the ability to transform into living energy. In that form she can transmit herself through powerlines. 
- Superhuman Reflexes and Flight: She can move and fly at lightning velocity. 
- Energy Absorption: She can absorb the tremendous power of a SHAZAM-lightning bolt, gaining all powers of a Marvel Family member, but without changing her clothes. 
- Electro-Blast: Due to the Marvel Family receiving their powers via a lightning bolt, Chain Lightning is able to replicate this reverting them back to normal.
- This version of Chain Lightning, including all history and corresponding appearances, was erased from existence following the collapse of the original Multiverse in the 1985–86 Crisis on Infinite Earths limited series. Even though versions of the character may have since appeared, this information does not apply to those versions.
This character is or was primarily an enemy of Captain Marvel, the Wizard Shazam, or any of the extended members of the Marvel Family. This template will categorize articles that include it into the category "Marvel Family Villains."
- 1 Appearances of Chain Lightning (Earth-S)
- 1 Images featuring Chain Lightning (Earth-S)
- Quotations by or about Chain Lightning (Earth-S)
- Character Gallery: Chain Lightning (Earth-S)