Little is known of H.A.R.M. He was born in Ohio in 1946 under the name Charles Sweeney, and apparently had one burning childhood desire: to be a superhuman cyborg with rocket launchers in his shoulders.
At some point, he married a woman named Irene, but he chose mechanization over her, and she left him sometime after he had part of his brain removed.
He was selected for a project by the US military to place a human brain in direct cybernetic control of a superhuman robot body. Unfortunately, as soon as the operation was finished, Sweeney demonstrated sociopathic tendencies, killed the scientists involved and ran away.
He joined a mercenary team known as Tri-Ad, though its members knew him only as H.A.R.M. Years after his debut with them, he was shot to death when Savant's WildC.A.T.s team tried to invade home and arrest him.
It is revealed after the events of World's End that H.A.R.M. actually survived and was trying to take control of Africa with his teammates.
- Cybernetic Enhancement
- H.A.R.M.'s funeral was the first encounter Earth's superhero community had with the underground group known as the Church of Gort.
- 12 Appearances of Charles Sweeney (Wildstorm Universe)
- 1 Images featuring Charles Sweeney (Wildstorm Universe)
- Quotations by or about Charles Sweeney (Wildstorm Universe)
- Character Gallery: Charles Sweeney (Wildstorm Universe)