Looking for a different version of this character?
|As a result of the DC Rebirth in 2016, the entire line of Legion of Super-Heroes characters was rebooted (again) in 2019. As such, elements of this character's history have been altered in some way from the previous incarnation. For a complete list of all versions of this character, see our disambiguation page.|
- With me, it's all about the bounce.
- — Bouncing Boy src
Bouncing Boy is a member of the Legion of Super-Heroes.
Chuck Taine is a tested level eight meta. The Legion's founders, Cosmic Boy, Lightning Lad and Saturn Girl, did not understand why he wanted to be called Bouncing Boy, suggesting that he could be called "The Bullet" or maybe "Battle Ball", but Chuck explained that, with him, it was all about the bounce. It was all about the invulnerability and velocity, and he never gets hurt. But he wasn't in celebration of the United Planets, he even wrote his doctoral regards on it. However, he was persuaded to join the Legion when they told him that not everybody in it likes the UP either, and that they are together specifically to try to help and fix it.
Powers and Abilities
- Unique Physiology
- Bouncing Boy was created by Jerry Siegel and Jim Mooney, first appearing in Action Comics #276. However, in the Post-Rebirth Legion of Super-Heroes continuity Bouncing Boy first appeared in Superman (Volume 5) #14 by Brian Michael Bendis and Ivan Reis.
- 20 Appearances of Charles Taine (Post-Rebirth)
- 10 Images featuring Charles Taine (Post-Rebirth)
- 1 Quotations by or about Charles Taine (Post-Rebirth)
- Character Gallery: Charles Taine (Post-Rebirth)
Legion of Super-Heroes member