Charles Henry Wilson, also known as Odysseus, is the father of Slade Wilson and a former CIA agent.
At an unknown point in time, he defected to the League of Assassins and became one of their best fighters. He also seemingly abandoned his son. Since he was such a valuable asset, the League kidnapped his grandson, Joseph four years ago in order to steal his powers and resurrect him long after he died. Slade seemingly killed him when he shot him in the eye and felt no pity since he abandoned him. However, he actually survived, even though he ironically lost his eye just like his son.
In the modern day, Red Fury hires Slade to finish the job and permanently kill Odysseus. Since Joseph was hiding in Gotham City, they both go there and Odysseus manages to kidnap him first, using Joseph's powers to augment him. Deathstroke then arrives, with some allies and destroys the machine Charles was using to do that. After a fight between the father and son, Slade kills Charles by impaling him on the scraps of the destroyed machine.
Powers and Abilities
- Mind Control
- Telepathy: Charles is able to tell if a person is lying, by looking into their soul.
- Power Absorption: Charles can absorb the psychic energy from his grandson, Jericho, to strengthen his power.
- Regeneration: Charles is able to instantly heal from severe damage and injuries his body has sustained.
- Charles replaced Nathaniel as Slade Wilson's father. Nathaniel only appeared as Slade Wilson's father in Deathstroke (Volume 2), with his existence retconned by Stormwatch's time alterations Deathstroke (Volume 3) and replaced with Charles.
- 6 Appearances of Charles Wilson (Prime Earth)
- 2 Images featuring Charles Wilson (Prime Earth)
- Quotations by or about Charles Wilson (Prime Earth)
- Character Gallery: Charles Wilson (Prime Earth)
League of Assassins member