Like her, he favored the creation of Zombie Island. This plan was opposed by Carey Gold, who set a contingency plan in motion that would kill thousands with the Aleutian flu, giving them a steady brain supply. He executed her for it, but could not reverse the plan. Instead, he tainted the flu vaccines with zombie blood, filling Seattle with thousands of Zombies. He hoped he could convince the rest of the United States to supply them with brains voluntarily, but it backfired: instead, the city was walled off.
Taking on a position in power previously filled by two people as both executive and commander, he struggled with a brain shortage, negative publicity, corruption and hardliners, as well as smugglers bringing in people from outside the city to turn them into zombies (and in the process, cure them from terminal disease). He became more and more autocratic. Any zombie scratching a human would be publicly exetuted without trial; anyone aiding smugglers would be killed, and he shut down the alt-weekly newspaper 206 Weekly. He executed smugglers Mama Leone and Levon Patch, and had intended to kill Liv Moore as well, but was instead shot by his right hand man Major Lilywhite.
- Zombie Physiology: Zombies are mutated after being infected with a tainted batch of Utopium. The general bodily features - pale skin and hair, a lust for brains and only one heart beat per six seconds - has led to the infected to be referred to as "Zombies".
- Superhuman Durability
- Superhuman Strength: In "full-on Zombie"-mode, Zombies are considerably stronger than in their controlled state.
- Retrocognition: For several days after eating a pure brain, Zombies are able to remember things from a the original brain owner's life by looking at certain triggers. Fillmore Graves mass produced a Zombie mush, comprised of multiple brains, to allow for their subjects to be fed without visions.
- Hunger for Brains: If Zombies do not eat brains, they become dumb, loses her humanity, and may die. At a certain point, this state becomes inreversible, at which point a Zombie is said to be "Full Romero".
- Restricted Taste: Zombies lose most of their sense of taste, only being able to detect it when it was extra spicy. As such, zombies regularly spiked their food and drink with hot sauce.
- Chase Graves was portrayed by Jason Dohring.
- 15 Appearances of Chase Graves (iZombie TV Series)
- 1 Images featuring Chase Graves (iZombie TV Series)
- 1 Quotations by or about Chase Graves (iZombie TV Series)
- Character Gallery: Chase Graves (iZombie TV Series)