Looking for a different version of this character?
|As a result of the New 52 in 2011, the entire line of DC characters was relaunched, incorporating properties belonging to the company's imprints: Wildstorm, Milestone, and Vertigo. As such, elements of this character's history have been altered in some way from the previous incarnation. For a complete list of all versions of this character, see our disambiguation page.|
Chato Santana is El Diablo, a powerful pyrokinetic reluctantly pressed into service for the Suicide Squad.
While attempting to collect on a debt owed by some local gang members, he had set fire to their building, and killed everyone inside. When he realized that there were innocent women and children who he had killed in the blaze, he went with the police quietly. While on death row at Belle Reve prison, his cell filled up with gas and he was implanted with a micro-bomb to insure his obedience. After undergoing torture to test his loyalty, El Diablo was officially inducted into Amanda Waller's Suicide Squad.
Powers and Abilities
- Chato Santana was created by Jai Nitz and Phil Hester, first appearing in El Diablo (Volume 3) #1. However, in the Prime Earth continuity, Chato Santana first appeared as part of the New 52 DC Universe in Suicide Squad (Volume 4) #1 by Adam Glass and Federico Dallocchio.
- 65 Appearances of Chato Santana (Prime Earth)
- 35 Images featuring Chato Santana (Prime Earth)
- 1 Quotations by or about Chato Santana (Prime Earth)
- Character Gallery: Chato Santana (Prime Earth)
Suicide Squad member
|Checkmate Member |
This character was a member of the top secret government organization Checkmate. This template will automatically categorize articles that include it into the "Checkmate members" and "Government Agents" categories.