Chrissy Beppo is the editor of the Smallville Gazette.
Chrissy was the sole employee of the Gazette and idolised famed reporter Lois Lane. When Lois and her family moved to Smallville, which was her husband’s home town, Chrissy was too nervous to approach her hero directly and simply followed her around town. The two met at a city council meeting where Lois confronted Morgan Edge, an unscrupulous businessman seeking to acquire the defunct mines in Smallville. Later, Lois resigned from the Daily Planet, which had become a mouthpiece for Edge, and joined the Gazette.
When a woman name Sharon Powell came to the Gazette offices to claim that Edge had her son Derek killed, Chrissy was initially sceptical. However, she soon realised that there was a deeper conspiracy at work and joined Lois in investigating Edge and his businesses.
Lois prepared an expose on Edge just before the city council meeting where the townspeople would vote on whether to allow Edge the rights to the mines, but Edge threatened to sue both Lois and the newspaper if they published the article. As the Gazette did not have the resources to survive a long and costly lawsuit, Chrissy was forced to squash the story. The town voted to grant Edge the mining rights, however Chrissy did attend the meeting to act as a sole dissenting vote.
Derek Powell suddenly reappeared, claiming to have suffered a head injury that rendered him amnesiac for months. Although neither Chrissy or Lois believed him, Sharon was so happy to have him back that she told them there was no story to write, despite the fact she had been attacked by a superpowered thug. When Derek mysteriously disappeared again, Chrissy used his mother’s phone to track his. She followed him to a facility where she saw Edge’s assistant Leslie Larr place him in a strange machine. She called Lois and Superman overheard and flew to her location, arriving just as Derek exited the chamber now equipped with a full range of Kryptonian superpowers.
- Chrissy Beppo is portrayed by Sofia Hasmik.
- Chrissy Beppo is an interpretation of the character Christopher Beppo, a character that was created and appeared exclusively in Smallville tie-in stories. The character was, himself, originally a reference to Beppo, Superman's pet Kryptonian monkey from the Silver Age.
- 4 Appearances of Chrissy Beppo (Arrowverse)
- 1 Images featuring Chrissy Beppo (Arrowverse)
- Quotations by or about Chrissy Beppo (Arrowverse)
- Character Gallery: Chrissy Beppo (Arrowverse)