Christopher "Kit" Freeman was a young boy living during the 1940s. Due to an unfortunate accident, his life was tragically cut short some seventy-five years before his predestined time. The powers that be attempted to correct the mistake by reviving Freeman and bestowing upon him the powers to call upon the dead. Attending the kid was the enigmatic mentor Mister Keeper who traveled with him on most of his adventures. Calling himself Kid Eternity, Freeman later assisted the Marvel Family and learned that the young hero Captain Marvel, Jr. was in fact his brother.
- Divine Empowerment: By saying "Eternity", Kid Eternity has access to an array of powers:
- Necromancy: Kid Eternity was granted the power to summon the dead to aid him.
- Summoning: He can also summon gods and other mythological, legendary and even fictional characters.
- Ghostly Form: He can turn himself into a immaterial ghost.
- Invisibility: In ghostly form, he cannot be visibly perceived by living beings, except ghosts.
- Intangibility: in ghostly form, he can become intangible and pass through objects if he wishes; however by default he is usually tangible even when invisible.
- Flight: In ghostly form, he possesses the ability to fly between the lands of the living and the dead. By extension he is able to levitate, float and fly in both worlds.
- Thunder: Whenever Kid Eternity says "Eternity" to activate a power, a loud crash of thunder is heard. (There is no matching lightning.)
- Kid Eternity's powers work better when Mister Keeper is present. If Keeper is absent, Kid Eternity's powers can malfunction in various ways, such as summoning someone other than he intended, or just not working. Over time as Kid Eternity gained more experience, this happened less often.
- Mister Keeper can temporarily turn off all or some of Kid Eternity's powers.
- Kid Eternity must audibly speak the word "Eternity" to activate his powers. If if he is prevented from speaking clearly (for example, if he is gagged), he can not use any of his powers.
- Although most characters created by Quality Comics in the 1940s have been retroactively attributed to Earth-X or Earth-Two continuity, Kid Eternity has been linked to the Marvel Family and as such, is actually a part of Pre-Crisis Earth-S continuity.
- In some of his early stories, Kid Eternity's powers differed slightly from how they would later be presented, as he could actually become the heroes of history and mythology whom he summoned up.
- Kid Eternity Vol 1
- Hit Comics
- World's Finest Vol 1 281
- Who's Who: The Definitive Directory of the DC Universe Vol 1 12
- 70 Appearances of Christopher Freeman (Earth-S)
- 7 Images featuring Christopher Freeman (Earth-S)
- 3 Quotations by or about Christopher Freeman (Earth-S)
- Character Gallery: Christopher Freeman (Earth-S)