Looking for a different version of this character?
|As a result of the New 52 in 2011, the entire line of DC characters was relaunched, incorporating properties belonging to the company's imprints: Wildstorm, Milestone, and Vertigo. As such, elements of this character's history have been altered in some way from the previous incarnation. For a complete list of all versions of this character, see our disambiguation page.|
The Peacemaker (real name Christopher Smith) is a hardened and obsessed vigilante who has dedicated his life to the elimination of war. His motives are driven by an extremist form of pacifism, which makes him want peace so much he would kill for it. He has been an operative of Task Force X II, the Suicide Squad, and L.A.W. as part of his pursuit for peace.
Christopher Smith used to be a career diplomat, he traveled to Washington, D.C. in pursuit of the elimination of war. When he realized that he couldn't achieve peace as a diplomat he became the "Peacemaker", an extremist vigilante that was willing to kill anyone if it meant achieving peace.
Smith 's condition was made worse after an the Dominator Invasion, where he fought in the front lines along with the Justice League and many other heroes, but this left Smith on a erratic and almost suicidal state.
Peacemaker was among numerous superheroes who traveled to the surface of Mars aboard a fleet of starships after the orchestrator of a large explosion in Moscow was tracked there. The heroes discovered a strange structure on the planet with a singular occupant: the culprit, Doctor Manhattan. Although the heroes initially tried to discern Manhattan's motives, negotiations fell through and a combined offensive was launched on the culprit. However, Doctor Manhattan defeated every hero including Peacemaker and left them on Mars.
Powers and Abilities
- Diplomacy: Before becoming Peacemaker, Christopher was a career diplomat.
- Martial Arts: Peacemaker is a highly trained combatant, capable of briefly keeping up with the Talon in a fight.
- Military Protocol
- Tactical Analysis
- Peacemaker was created by Joe Gill and Pat Boyette, first appearing in Fightin' 5 #40. However, in the Prime Earth continuity, Peacemaker first appeared as part of the New 52 DC Universe in Doomsday Clock #9 by Geoff Johns and Gary Frank.
- 30 Appearances of Christopher Smith (Prime Earth)
- 15 Images featuring Christopher Smith (Prime Earth)
- 2 Quotations by or about Christopher Smith (Prime Earth)
- Character Gallery: Christopher Smith (Prime Earth)
Suicide Squad member