Chroma was one of many duplicates of the same entity who tests out their apocalypse songs on many worlds.
Chroma interrupted a televised concert with a song about apocalyptic events. The song, though talking about death, somehow proves so engaging, many people desire to hear it again and again.
Not everyone was affected in the same way. Obsidian found himself uninvolved with the song. Wishing to confront Chroma, he foundshimself battling his own friends. He managed to stop Chroma but was in turn, stopped personally by his very own super-powered sister Jade.
Obsidian managed to defeat him in their first confrontation, though Chroma claimed it was because his attentions were diverted to another event happening on the far from the galaxy. If Obsidian had managed to attack him a second time, Chroma would have let this earth-form die, thus preventing humanity from ever forgetting his song. Chroma decided to leave for a million years, after which he will return with a new song.
Chroma was slain by Gog, a being responsible for the death of former Teen Titan villain Goth, as part of Gog's desires to kill all self-proclaimed false gods. His death was investigated by the F.B.I. An agent on the scene touched Chroma's corpse caused his hair to turn white and he becomes deaf and blind.
- Energy Projection: Chroma was able to produce a rainbow of energy which caused massive electrical disturbances in the atmosphere.
- Hypnosis: Chroma is able to mesmerize people with his "singing."
- Although this character was originally introduced during DC's Earth-Two era of publication, their existence following the events of the 1985–86 limited series Crisis on Infinite Earths remains intact. However, some elements of the character's Pre-Crisis history may have been altered or removed for Post-Crisis New Earth continuity, and no longer apply.
- 6 Appearances of Chroma (New Earth)
- 2 Images featuring Chroma (New Earth)
- 1 Quotations by or about Chroma (New Earth)
- Character Gallery: Chroma (New Earth)