Chrysalis is a robot hero created by Dr. Gerard Yves Martet at his laboratory in Marseilles, France. Martet blamed the Jewish people and other immigrants for the corruption of France. He designed Chrysalis to appear friendly and liberal, but inside her shell was a swarm of genetically engineered butterflies that carried a deadly virus. Martet planned for his creation to enter large immigrant districts in France and release the insects.
Gerard found a way to get his creation recruited into the Global Guardians, but he died soon after. Chrysalis served loyally with the Guardians but deep down she is aware of her programming.
Chrysalis is a robot designed with insect like qualities and possesses various superhuman attributes:
- Superhuman Strength:: As a robot her strength is beyond that achievable by the finest human athletes.
- Superhuman Speed: As a robot she can run and move at speeds that are beyond the physical limits of the finest human athlete.
- Superhuman Durability: Chrysalis's body is composed of an unknown metallic substance. This material makes her durable to most attacks.
- Superhuman Stamina: Chrysalis can exert herself well beyond human limits, as long as she has sufficient power.
- Superhuman Agility: Chrysalis's agility, balance, and bodily coordination are enhanced to levels that are beyond the natural physical limits of the finest human athlete.
- Flight:: She can fly via a pair of wings on her back.
- 'Insect Compartment': Chrysalis is a robot that houses a swarm of deadly butterflies that can mimic other insects and carry a deadly disease.
- 'Stingers': she can produce electric blasts from her hand that have been shown to be capable of blasting through concrete, and causing pain to superhumanly strong and durable beings.
- Superhuman Intelligence: Chrysalis is capable of rapid analysis of huge amounts of data.
- Audio Sensitivity: Chrysalis can adjust the sensitivity of her audio receptors to a point where she can detect the faintest of sounds.
- Visual Scanners: Chrysalis is capable of scanning life forms, energy sources and other objects, detecting the substances that they are composed of.
- Vocal Imitation: Chrysalis is capable of replicating and mimicking the voices of other people enabling her to impersonate them.
- 5 Appearances of Chrysalis (New Earth)
- 1 Images featuring Chrysalis (New Earth)
- Quotations by or about Chrysalis (New Earth)
- Character Gallery: Chrysalis (New Earth)