Looking for a different version of this character?
|As a result of the New 52 in 2011, the entire line of DC characters was relaunched, incorporating properties belonging to the company's imprints: Wildstorm, Milestone, and Vertigo. As such, elements of this character's history have been altered in some way from the previous incarnation. For a complete list of all versions of this character, see our disambiguation page.|
Abra Kadabra is a criminal from the 64th Century who uses futuristic technology to commit crimes in the present and pretends it's magic.
Having come to the present from the 64th Century, Citizen Abra opposed the original Teen Titans as "Abra Kadabra". In one of their fights, Abra trapped Wally West - working as the hero Kid Flash - within the Speed Force and caused the world to forget about him. Inadvertently, this trick also caused him to lose his magic and forget his own identity, as he lived for years in the body of an unlucky magician "Mr. Hocus Pocus".
Though Wally West was supposed to escape from the Speed Force and continue his life, 10 years were taken from the timeline by Dr. Manhattan, leaving Wally trapped there outside of time and Abra never getting the chance to regain his memories.
Wally West eventually did escape the Speed Force in a rebirth of sorts and began undoing the damage that Abra Kadabra had done by recharging his allies' memories of him. With the trick broken, "Mr. Hocus Pocus" experienced a surge of memories of his own and remembered his past life as Abra Kadabara.
The marionettes successfully defeated the Titans and kidnapped Linda Park, as Kadabra used his techno-magic to spread his victims all around the United States of America. West was forced to increase his speed to lethal levels if he wanted to save them all, with Kadabra hoping to trap him within the Speed Force again. Wally, using his friends as lightning rods, was able to escape from the Speed Force for a second time and defeated Abra Kadabra, banishing him into the time stream, back to the 64th century. 
Legion of Zoom
Powers and Abilities
- Techno-Magic: Abra Kadabra uses advanced technology from the future that gives the effect of magic.
- Power Instability: Certain "spells" that Abra Kadabra can cast can have unintended consequences, like sending Wally West into the Speed Force caused him to lose his own powers.
- Abra Kadabra was created by John Broome and Carmine Infantino, first appearing in The Flash #128. However, in the Prime Earth continuity, Abra Kadabra first appeared as part of the New 52 DC Universe in Titans (Volume 3) #1 by Dan Abnett and Brett Booth.
- Abra Kadabra is aware of Dr. Manhattan's existence and manipulation of reality. 
- Abra Kadabra is destined to be "destroyed" by Wally West that he will stop him "for good" by beating him "so comprehensively."
- 12 Appearances of Citizen Abra (Prime Earth)
- 10 Images featuring Citizen Abra (Prime Earth)
- 2 Quotations by or about Citizen Abra (Prime Earth)
- Character Gallery: Citizen Abra (Prime Earth)
This character is or was primarily an enemy of the Teen Titans, the Titans, or any of the other various Titans incarnations. This template will categorize articles that include it into the "Titans Villains" category.