Claire and her brother bought the ability to use superpowers by trading in years of her life. With these powers, they could live two years at Superman's level, or hours as a god. If she wouldn't use her powers, it wouldn't affect her lifespan.
Debut in Gotham
Gotham and Gotham Girl made their first public appearance helping Batman save a commercial plane from a Kobra Cult terrorist attack. Being young and inexperienced, Batman decided to take them under his wing to make them better heroes. Due to the Psycho Pirate's manipulation, Gotham was driven mad and used up all of his life force to single handedly defeat the Justice League.
Gotham Girl: Year One
Following Hank's death, Claire had difficulty coping. She shaved her head and talked to her dead brother. Batman comforted her, showing her his secret identity and explained his own troubles to her. He too would sometimes talk to a dead relative, his mother.
Night of the Monster Men
During a hurricane and onslaught of mutated human monsters, Blackgate Penitentiary was attacked. Gotham Girl accompanied Nightwing, but they were both exposed to a substance one of the creatures spewed at them. As a result, they were both transformed into similar monsters. Duke injected Gotham Girl with a cure and she, in turn, injected Nightwing. Batman and his affiliates took down the culprit, Hugo Strange.
Breaking the Bat
Following the falling apart of Bruce Wayne's wedding, Gotham Girl was among many individuals who was revealed to have been secretly working with Bane to break Batman completely on a psychological level.
- Ultra Powers: Through unknown means, Gotham Girl purchased a set of metahuman powers for herself that is tied to her life force. The strength of her abilities fluctuates with the amount of her life energy she applies to them; the greater the sacrifice, the more powerful she becomes.
- Power Limitation: Each use of Gotham Girl's metahuman powers shaves time off her lifespan. To elevate the potency of her abilities, Gotham Girl has to expend a greater amount of her life, hastening her death.
- Mental Illness
- 31 Appearances of Claire Clover (Prime Earth)
- 11 Images featuring Claire Clover (Prime Earth)
- 5 Quotations by or about Claire Clover (Prime Earth)
- Character Gallery: Claire Clover (Prime Earth)
|Batman Family member |
This character is or was an incarnation of or an ally of Batman, and a member of the Batman Family. This template will automatically categorize articles that include it into the "Batman Family members" category.