- You know how they say the longer you're away from people, the harder it is to remember what they look like? Well, I have that but with sensations. I used to hold my arm out when it was raining, feeling the drops hit my skin. I remember doing that but not the feeling. Running my hands through my wife's hair. In my head, I know it felt amazing. But I don't know at the same time. It's all floating away from me.
- — Cliff Steele src
Cliff Steele was born on May 35, 1956 to father R.J. Steele and an unnamed mother. By 1988, Cliff had grown up, had a wife named Kate (who he was cheating on with his daughter's nanny), and a daughter named Clara. Cliff was a successful NASCAR driver champion, but he was involved in a car "accident" where he lost his Kate and his body was beyond being restored. Only his brain could be recovered, which Dr. Niles Caulder, the man responsible for engineering the accident for his own experiments, engaged to a robotic body, which was activated in 1995. This body was supernaturally strong and durable, and mimicked Cliff's original voice exactly, but was slow-moving, lacked facial expression, and any physical sensation outside of sight and sound.
- Technological Reliability: Cliff is just a brain in a robot suit, suffering from all the vulnerabilities and strengths that come with it.
- Restricted Senses: Because Cliff is now just a brain in a rudimentary robot-body, he's lost connection to his five basic senses, often longing for them. He also can't experience an orgasm. 
- Restricted Mobility (Formerly): Cliff had to adjust to his robot body, requiring physical therapy with Negative Man over time to learn how to climb stairs again. 
- This version of the character is exclusive to the continuity of the television series Doom Patrol and is an adaptation of Robotman (Cliff Steele). The original character was created by Arnold Drake, Bob Haney, and Bruno Premiani and first appeared in My Greatest Adventure #80.
- The character is portrayed by Brendan Fraser (flashback and voice) and Riley Shanahan (physical).
- Another version of Clifford Steele, also voiced by Brendan Fraser but portrayed by Jake Michaels, had earlier appeared in the Titans episode "Doom Patrol".
- 25 Appearances of Clifford Steele (Doom Patrol TV Series)
- 7 Images featuring Clifford Steele (Doom Patrol TV Series)
- 2 Quotations by or about Clifford Steele (Doom Patrol TV Series)
- Character Gallery: Clifford Steele (Doom Patrol TV Series)
Doom Patrol member