Clifford "Cliff" Steele, nicknamed Robotman by Gar Logan, is a cautious and parental member of the Doom Patrol. He was involved in a car accident that destroyed his body and had his brain transplanted into a robot body by Doctor Niles Caulder, who invited him to live in his home.
Living at Doom Manor
Cliff Steele was a famous racecar driver involved in a devastating car accident that demolished his body completely, leaving only his brain. A scientist named Niles Caulder, who Cliff would affectionately later call "Chief", transplanted his brain into a robotic body with no facial expressions, limited mobility, a perfect mimic of Cliff's original voice, superhuman strength, and impressive durability. When the body was complete and Cliff's transfer was successful, Caulder invited Cliff to live in his house with other misfits and outcasts he'd picked up over the years, such as Rita Farr, Larry Trainor, and Gar Logan. Cliff agreed and stayed in the house for many years, growing close to the other tenants of the house, even when Gar left to go his own way.
- This version of the character is exclusive to the continuity of the television series Titans and is an adaptation of Robotman (Cliff Steele). The original character was created by Arnold Drake, Bob Haney, and Bruno Premiani and first appeared in My Greatest Adventure #80.
- This is the first ever live-action version of Cliff Steele.
- Cliff is portrayed by Brendan Fraser (voice and flashback) and Jake Michaels (physical).
- Another version of Cliff Steele, also voiced by Brendan Fraser but portrayed physically by Riley Shanahan, later appeared in the television series Doom Patrol.
- Neither of the two live-action versions of Cliff Steele seen so far go by Steele's identity of Robotman.
- 1 Appearances of Clifford Steele (Titans TV Series)
- 3 Images featuring Clifford Steele (Titans TV Series)
- Quotations by or about Clifford Steele (Titans TV Series)
- Character Gallery: Clifford Steele (Titans TV Series)
Doom Patrol member