Coldsnap is a mercenary who was also a member of a super-villain group called the Masters of Disaster.
He was romantically linked to Heatstroke, but due to the opposing nature of their powers, could never be physically intimate with her.
Coldsnap and the other Masters were hired by a woman named Mrs. Shelton. Shelton wanted revenge against the Outsider known as Black Lightning for the accidental death of her daughter, Trina. Black Lightning was actually innocent of the crime, but Coldsnap and the other Masters took the job anyway and fought against Black Lightning's teammates, the Outsiders.
He later encountered the Outsiders again, this time while under the employ of Nazi war criminal Maxwell Tremaine. Coldsnap and Heatstroke discovered a power converter in Tremaine's "junkyard", which they believed might enable them to control their powers. The device was destroyed however by Batman and Katana, who believed it to be a weapon. Coldsnap and the other Masters lost their battle against the Outsiders and were arrested.
Powers and Abilities
- Cryokinesis: Coldsnap could project waves of cold so intense that he could create simple ice constructs, such as barriers and crude weaponry.
- Although this character was originally introduced during DC's Earth-One era of publication, their existence following the events of the 1985–86 limited series Crisis on Infinite Earths remains intact. However, some elements of the character's Pre-Crisis history may have been altered or removed for Post-Crisis New Earth continuity, and should be considered apocryphal.
- Coldsnap's given name is Darryl. His surname is unknown.
- 26 Appearances of Coldsnap (New Earth)
- 8 Images featuring Coldsnap (New Earth)
- Quotations by or about Coldsnap (New Earth)
- Character Gallery: Coldsnap (New Earth)
|Outsiders Villain(s) |