- A physician once termed me insane-- correct veredict, I fear!
- — Colonel Sulphur src
Colonel Suplhur was a high-profile criminal, who was diagnosed with mental illness.
He first sought to get confidential information from the Government of the United States of America. He blackmailed an employee of a government institution in Gotham City in order to steal important documents. Sulphur kidnapped the employee's wife and threatened to kill her if the documents were not delivered to him within 24 hours. His plan was eventually thwarted by Batman.
Not long after this, Sulphur tried to obtain a valuable gem from a former Navy man, who was found guilty of treason. Once again, Batman stopped Sulphur, but he failed to retrieve the stolen gem. Much later, Suplhur tried to steal confidential information from S.T.A.R. Labs by kidnapping scientist Fred Danvers, unaware that the man was the adoptive father of Supergirl. For this reason, Sulphur's plans were thwarted by Supergirl and Batman.
Army of Crime
Some time later, Colonel Sulphur joined General Scarr's Army of Crime along with Major Disaster and Captain Cutlass. When the Army of Crime's activities were challenged by Batman and Superman, Sulphur proved vital against the Man of Steel, when he used an alien weapon to trap him in a timeless dimension. Suplhur continued with Scarr's plan and used the stolen weapons to take over Gotham City. However, he was soon stopped by Batman and Superman, who had escaped from the timeless dimension.
- Using a special prostethic hand instead of his missing hand, Sulphur hides a knife inside the artificial body part.
- 7 Appearances of Colonel Sulphur (New Earth)
- 1 Images featuring Colonel Sulphur (New Earth)
- 1 Quotations by or about Colonel Sulphur (New Earth)
- Character Gallery: Colonel Sulphur (New Earth)