The Computer Tyrants began as a single supercomputer created by a Coluan scientist to automate Colu's way of life for maximum efficacy and comfort. However, the scientist made the mistake of programming the supercomputer to simulate a level-10 intellect to contrast with the inferior capacity of the organics, and the supercomputer quickly perceived its superiority and enslaved the Coluan race. The supercomputer then duplicated itself several times over, creating a multitude of oppressive Computer Tyrants when before there had been only one. In many accounts, the Computer Tyrants are responsible in some way for the creation of the marauding space-villain Brainiac. During Invasion!, the Computer Tyrants represented Colu and align themselves with the Alien Alliance in their war on Earth's metahumans. In the end, their inhumane and totalitarian rule was toppled by Vril Dox and L.E.G.I.O.N.. Forced to flee their home planet, all of their consciousnesses were merged into a single organic being called Mr. Starr, dedicated to revenge against Dox. In one 30th Century timeline, the stated goal of the cosmic villain Pulsar Stargrave was to resurrect the Computer Tyrants and restore their enslavement of Colu.
Equipment: None known.
- Mr. Starr: The Computer Tyrants uploaded their collective consciousness in an organic body obtained through bio-engineering.
- Superhuman Strength: Mr Starr's body was shown to be able to overpower even the powerful Strata.
- Superhuman Stamina
- Superhuman Durability: Mr Starr could resist the combined assault of L.E.G.I.O.N. without much effort.
- Energy Projection: Mr Starr can project powerful beams of energy from his eyes and hands.
- Enhanced Intellect
- Energy Absorption: Mr Starr's body could absorb solar energy in order to sustain himself.
Weapons: None known.
- Although this team was originally introduced during DC's Earth-One era of publication, their existence following the events of the 1985–86 limited series Crisis on Infinite Earths remains intact. However, some elements of the character's Pre-Crisis history may have been altered or removed for Post-Crisis New Earth continuity, and should be considered apocryphal.
- No trivia.
- 17 Appearances of Computer Tyrants
- 2 Images that include Computer Tyrants
- Team Gallery: Computer Tyrants
Links and References