Still wanting a hero to replace the late Superman, Cadmus cloned Doomsday, the very monster that had killed him.
Conal enjoyed watching his brother, named Doomsboy, grow up and eventually take on Superman's role as the protector of Metropolis. Nevertheless, he became worried about Doomsboy's increasing recklessness and tried to convince him to be more like Superman. Doomsboy retaliated that he didn't want to be in Superman's shadow as he's a clone of his butcher.
Conal was introduced to Tim Drake and Young Justice, but the group was ambushed by Bedlam, Doomsboy, and Secret. Wonder Girl figured out that Impulse could send a scout to prevent Bedlam from gaining his superpowers, and the scout accomplishing this feat reset the timeline.
- Energy Projection: Conal had a specialized power gauntlet that shoots out energy powerful enough to hurt Doomsboy.
- Since it was later revealed that Lex Luthor was Superboy's human donor rather than Paul Westfield, the same may be true for Conal.
- This version of the character is exclusive to the continuity of the World Without Young Justice and is an adaptation of Superboy. The original character was created by Karl Kesel and Tom Grummett and first appeared in Adventures of Superman #500.
- Conal was also known as Project: Superman.
- 2 Appearances of Conal (World Without Young Justice)
- 1 Images featuring Conal (World Without Young Justice)
- 2 Quotations by or about Conal (World Without Young Justice)
- Character Gallery: Conal (World Without Young Justice)