Chimera is a mutated enemy of Aquaman.
Coombs was a diver who was attacked by sharks but saved by Aquaman. When he died, his body went to experimentation by Triton labs. Dr. Edrid Orson grafted his brain with parts from Karaqan, stone fish, mimic octopus, scorpion fish, and other aquatic animals.
He was designed to have his mind controlled via a controller chip, but he escaped before it could be installed. He has declared Aquaman a mortal enemy due to Aquaman's competing evolutionary challenge to his own.
Powers and Abilities
- Metamorphosis: Chimera has the ability to shape-shift and has imitated animals, humans, and even inanimate objects such as walls to blend in.
- Enhanced Biological Adaptation: Due to experimentation, Chimera was created to use various aquatic animals survival skills.
- Amphibious Nature: Chimera can breath underwater and on land.
- Enhanced Hearing: His hearing is several times more acute than human capacity.
- Flight: Through his manta wings coombs can achive a form of self propelled flight.
- Regeneration: Having been shot a dozen times and healed himself within moments.
- Superhuman Strength: Chimera has gone toe-to-toe in a battle with Aquaman who possesses superhuman strength on the order of 150 times human maximum.
- Superhuman Speed: As fast if not faster a swimmer than Aquaman himself.
- Toxikinesis: The Chimera can discharge streams of lethal acid from his mouth that can eat away at human flesh within seconds.
- Marine Telepathy: Chimera can communicate with sea life and override Aquaman's control of them.
- Creature King was created by Jack Miller and Nick Cardy, first appearing in Showcase #32. However, in the Prime Earth continuity, Creature King first appeared as part of the New 52 DC Universe in Aquaman (Volume 7) #27 by Jeff Parker, Paul Pelletier, and Netho Diaz.
- 7 Appearances of Coombs (Prime Earth)
- 6 Images featuring Coombs (Prime Earth)
- 3 Quotations by or about Coombs (Prime Earth)
- Character Gallery: Coombs (Prime Earth)
This character, team or organization, is or was primarily an enemy of Aquaman, or members of the Aquaman Family. This template will categorize articles that include it into the category "Aquaman Villains."