Cosmic Staff is a weapon used by the Starman legacy.
Wielded primarily by Jack Knight and Stargirl, the Cosmic Staff is a powerful weapon/device that absorbed stellar energy and used it to create a wide range of abilities which its wielders used to fight crime. This device was invented by Ted Knight, and based on the earlier Gravity Rod. The Cosmic Staff, sometimes called the Cosmic Rod, offered the wielder powers including rapid flight, levitation of objects, manipulation of energy, creation of defensive force fields, and offensive energy blasts of incredible power. Both powers could be used at once, to protect the wielder from atmospheric damage in high velocity flight. Another power of the rod was that it was capable of receiving mental commands from a distance, that became possible when the rod attuned itself to the user over time. At present, the staff is attuned to its current holder, Stargirl.
- Gravity Manipulation: Focused energy to defy gravity, allowing the wielder and others flight.
- Magnetic Manipulation: It can attract or repel living beings or objects to/from itself. .
- Defense Force-Fields: Also used in conjunction with flight to protect against atmospheric damage in high velocity flight.
- Energy Projection: It can project yellow and red stellar energy blasts (these last particularly effective against kryptonians).
- Energy Absorption: When always used to absorb stellar energy, it could sometimes absorb electricity to dissipate it.
- Energy Construct Creation: Ted once even created a duplicate of the rod made with antimatter, which "would make a nuclear bomb look like a bursting toy balloon".
- Heat Emission: Could melt steel.
- Attunement: Ability to attune itself to its current wielder; doing so makes it hard for the staff to become attuned to anyone else. It can receive mental commands from the wielder from certain distances.
- The energy blasts can be very dazzling even to its wielder; Jack Knight used welder goggles to protect his eyes.
Links and References