- We had found them over many lifetimes, lurking out of sight in human history, unchanging, all-seeing. We had long heard rumors of the Rhyming Demon of Camelot. Brothers who kept secrets and mysteries. A man as old as America. The grove of ancient humanoid plants. Keepers of Mysteries and Secrets. Of Sorcerers, Shining Knights, Cavemen, and Phantom Strangers of all stripes. None had thought to bring them together. The Immortals.
The Council of Immortals is a collection of immortal beings stretching back to the dawn of time that fight a secret battle for the safety of their universe, many of which originated from the Bear Tribe, Wolf Tribe, and Bird Tribe.
Learning of their immortality, rather than reincarnation, Carter Hall and Shiera Hall found the Immortals at an exhibit of the arfifacts of Chay-Ara in a museum in St. Rochs, gathered to see the Great Wizard and his Nth Metal knife.
Some time later, when one of those who was asked to join, Elaine Thomas, "reactivated," the Immortal Man called for a meeting of the group to help defend against the coming Dark Multiverse. At one of Vandal Savage's bases made for another future occasion, the group decided that their best effort to save the Multiverse was to detonate Anti-Monitor's astral brain at the Rock of Eternity, despite the dangers of having dark matter and antimatter interact with one another.
- Ra's al Ghul is the youngest member of the group.
- 3 Appearances of Council of Immortals (Prime Earth)
- 1 Images that include Council of Immortals (Prime Earth)
- Organization Gallery: Council of Immortals (Prime Earth)