"Girls Just Wanna Have Fun": Inside the Palmerverse, Queen Belthera has the Atom, Bob, Jason Todd and Donna Troy held prisoner. She uses her powers to turn the Atom into an insect.
- Mary Batson -- for violation of basic etiquette and decorum, and for acting in a generally nasty, evil manner -- you are hereby banished from Shadowcrest henceforth.
- — Zatanna
Appearing in "Girls Just Wanna Have Fun"
- Holly Robinson
- Jimmy Olsen
- Karate Kid
- Mary Marvel
- Challengers from Beyond
- Harleen Quinzel (Behind the scenes)
- Justice League of America
- Gotham County
- Justice League Satellite II
- Multiversal Nexus
Synopsis for "Girls Just Wanna Have Fun"
Inside the Palmerverse, Queen Belthera has the Atom, Bob, Jason Todd and Donna Troy held prisoner. She uses her powers to turn the Atom into an insect.
At Shadowcrest, Mary Batson and Zatanna continue to fight one another while Eclipso views the affair from a hidden location. Zatanna finally gets fed up with Mary and expels her from the mansion. When Mary looks up, Shadowcrest disappears.
On the Justice League satellite, Jimmy Olsen awakens after an intense training session with the Justice League. His body is bandaged and bruised, but otherwise he is okay. Jimmy is upset that the League didn't come after him using lethal force since that is the only way that his powers will activate. Superman tells him that he looked him over with his x-ray vision and that he is perfectly normal. There is no indication that Jimmy has any kind of super-ability.
At the Athenian Women's Shelter, Athena has Holly Robinson participate in a purification ritual that involves gladiatorial combat. She enters an arena where she is forced to fight the other women from the shelter. She eventually squares off against another masked combatant who proves to be her equal in battle.
In Nebraksa, Equus grabs Una and uses her as leverage against the Karate Kid. Una judo-flips the monster and Karate Kid attacks him from behind severing his arm. He then delivers two sharp kicks that snap Equus' knees. Watching from within the abandoned fort, Mister Orr is impressed with the Kid's skills and finally emerges from seclusion. He introduces himself and tells him that he has the answer to all of his questions.
In the Palmerverse, Queen Belthera uses her powers to take control of Bob's mind. With him under her command, she will now be able to journey between worlds. She intends on becoming the ruler of all creation.
Appearing in "The Origin of Parallax"
- Green Arrow
- Green Lantern (Guy Gardner)
- Green Lantern (Hal Jordan)
- Green Lantern (John Stewart)
- Green Lantern (Kilowog)
- Green Lantern (Kyle Rayner)
- Guardians of the Universe
Synopsis for "The Origin of Parallax"
Parallax is the physical embodiment of fear. Millennia ago, the Guardians of the Universe imprisoned Parallax inside the Central Power Battery of Oa. Parallax eventually escaped however, and took control of the Green Lantern Hal Jordan. Hal eventually sacrificed himself to be free of Parallax's control, but it has since found a new host body - Kyle Rayner.
- This issue shipped on August 29th, 2007.
- The events from this issue take place after the events from the "Sinestro Corps War".
- "The Origin of Parallax" includes flashbacks from the "Emerald Twilight" storyline, the "Sinestro Corps War" storyline, the Zero Hour limited series and the Green Lantern: Rebirth limited series.
- No trivia.
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss Countdown Vol 1 35 on the forums
- Cover gallery for the Countdown series
- Images from Countdown Vol 1 35
- Countdown: Arena
- Countdown: The Search for Ray Palmer
- Countdown to Adventure
- Countdown to Mystery
Links and References
- Countdown article at Wikipedia
- Countdown series index at Comicbookdb.com
- Countdown series index at the Grand Comics Database
- Countdown article at Newsarama
- Countdown Counseling at Silver Bullet