"Do Not Pass Go": In Metropolis, Val and Una go to Dalten Towers, the secret headquarters of Oracle. They believe that Oracle may be able to help them unlock the mystery of the disease that is crippling the Karate Kid. After fighting past all of Oracle's elaborate security measures, they fin
- You better not have touched me in my special area --
Appearing in "Do Not Pass Go"
- Harleen Quinzel
- Holly Robinson
- Jimmy Olsen
- Karate Kid
- Pied Piper
- Challengers from Beyond
Synopsis for "Do Not Pass Go"
In Metropolis, Val and Una go to Dalten Towers, the secret headquarters of Oracle. They believe that Oracle may be able to help them unlock the mystery of the disease that is crippling the Karate Kid. After fighting past all of Oracle's elaborate security measures, they finally reach her monitoring station. Oracle tells them that she is too busy to help them right at the moment.
In Gotham City, the Penguin gives Piper and Trickster sanctuary in the wine cellar of the Iceberg Lounge. Moments later however, he calls in the Suicide Squad to pick them up. Trickster and Piper run from the Suicide Squad. Captain Boomerang whacks Trickster in the back of the head with a boomerang, but Piper scoops him up and runs off. Bronze Tiger gives chase, but they manage to avoid capture. Turning a corner however, they run into Batwoman and the Question.
Back in Metropolis, Jimmy Olsen saves a young woman from a mugger in the guise of Mr. Action. The woman repays his efforts by giving him a kiss. At the Athenian Women's Shelter, Holly Robinson questions Athena on her choice of who is invited to stay at the shelter and who is turned away. Athena recommends that Holly should attend a self-esteem seminar that the shelter is sponsoring.
Elsewhere, the Challengers from Beyond continue to explore the Multiverse.
Appearing in "History of the Multiverse (Part XI of XII)"
- Forerunner (Flashback only)
Synopsis for "History of the Multiverse (Part XI of XII)"
The Monitors agree that in order to safeguard the integrity of the Multiverse, travel between parallel worlds must not be allowed. The militant Monitor (Solomon) declares that death is the only solution, while the Monitor of New Earth (later known as Bob) questions the morality of such a decision. The first Monitor implements Viza'Aziv to serve as his Forerunner.
- This issue shipped on August 1st, 2007.
- Forerunner's true name is revealed for the first time in the "History of the Multiverse" feature.
- The tagline for this issue is "Viral Breakout".
- Discuss Countdown Vol 1 39 on the forums
- Cover gallery for the Countdown series
- Images from Countdown Vol 1 39
- Birds of Prey
- Countdown to Adventure
- Karate Kid (Volume 1)
- Legion of Super-Heroes (Volume 1)
- Suicide Squad (Volume 3)
Links and References
- Countdown article at Wikipedia
- Countdown series index at Comicbookdb.com
- Countdown series index at the Grand Comics Database
- Countdown article at Newsarama
- Silver Bullet Comics Countdown Counseling