"The Bottled Imp": Superman Prime
- I bet I look totally cool. Ha ha.
Appearing in "The Bottled Imp"
- Annataz Arataz (Only appearance; dies)
- Dominion Fleet (Destroyed)
- Monarch's Army
- Alexander Luthor (Earth-Three) (Flashback only)
- Blue Beetle (Flashback only)
- Flash (Wally West) (Flashback only)
- Green Lantern Corps (Flashback only)
- Green Lantern (Hal Jordan) (Flashback only)
- Lois Lane (Earth-Two) (Flashback only)
- Max Lord (Dies in flashback)
- O.M.A.C.s (Flashback only)
- Sinestro Corps (Flashback only)
- Spectre (Flashback only)
- Superman (Earth-Two) (Flashback only)
- Superman (New Earth) (Flashback only)
- Wonder Woman (Flashback only)
- Billy Batson (Mentioned only)
- Darkseid (Mentioned only)
- Forerunner (Mentioned only)
- Guardians of the Universe (Mentioned only)
- Jerry Kent (Mentioned only)
- Laurie Lemmon (Mentioned only)
- Monarch (Mentioned only)
- Naomi Kent (Mentioned only)
- Rama Kushna (Mentioned only)
- Shadowpact (Mentioned only)
- Zatanna Zatara (Mentioned only)
- New Earth
- Earth-3 (Mentioned only)
- Earth-Prime (Mentioned only)
- Fifth Dimension (Mentioned only)
Synopsis for "The Bottled Imp"
Superman Prime Superman-Prime has kidnapped Mister Mxyzptlk and Annataz Arataz, and is holding them both his prisoner at the Source Wall. He tortures and interrogates Mxyzptlk, trying to get the imp to help him achieve his ends, or at least give him information. Superman-Prime is searching for the perfect Earth, and he thinks Mxy's magic can help him find his Earth, and destroy all of the other ones. Annataz Arataz is only kept alive by Prime to help keep Mxy magically subdued. Finally, after Mxyzptlk takes a horrendous beating, Superman-Prime decides he doesn't "need magic anyway. Jerks!" Annataz returns Mxy's power, and trash talks Prime. As Mxy makes his escape, Annataz declines to leave with him, believing herself experiencing Karma.
Monarch's Army In Outer Space, under the command of Lord Havok and Ultraman, pilots in Monarch's Army decimate a Dominator fleet. Ultraman questions why they have soldiers do difficult jobs he himself could perform with ease, and Havok replies that while Ultraman already has experience, the troops need field training.
Mary Marvel and Eclipso
On the Moon, Eclipso continues to manipulate Mary Marvel. She apologizes for offering her up to Darkseid as a "concubine," but "reveals" that she had actually just been attempting to put Mary into a place of power on Apokolips, one where she could perhaps become Darkseid's "successor."
Appearing in "The Origin of Mr. Mxyzptlk"
Synopsis for "The Origin of Mr. Mxyzptlk"
Mister Mxyzptlk recounts his history of bothering Superman with a slideshow. He is annoyed to find himself interrupted by an incoming telegram delivered by a man who looks suspiciously like Superman. After reading it, he informs the man he has given it to the wrong person, as it is for "some spaz named Kltpzyxm." Annoyed that he's been defeated once again, he vanishes to the Fifth Dimension.
- No special notes.
- No trivia.
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss Countdown to Final Crisis Vol 1 23 on the forums
- Cover gallery for the Countdown series
- Images from Countdown to Final Crisis Vol 1 23
- Countdown Crossovers
- Final Crisis
- Mister Mxyzptlk