Courtney Whitmore was Stargirl, a member of the Justice Society of America in the 1940s. Eventually, she was transported to Camelot to guard a part of the Spear of Destiny, where she became the wizard Merlin.
Powers and Abilities
- Magic: Courtney is a renown and powerful sorcerer. According to John Constantine, Courtney (as Merlin) created a protection spell in Brythonic language for the use of King Arthur and his knights, allowing him to heal even the worst wounds, a spell he'd later use on Chas Chandler.
- Hand-to-Hand Combat (Advanced): Courtney is a highly skilled hand-to-hand combatant and martial artist.
- Stick Fighting: Courtney's demonstrated great skill in both stick-fighting and bo-staff fighting.
- Cosmic Staff: Courtney's main weapon is a Cosmic Staff who is a powerful weapon/device that absorbe and project stellar energy.
- This version of the character is exclusive to the continuity of the television series DC's Legends of Tomorrow and is an adaptation of Stargirl. The original character was created by Geoff Johns and Lee Moder and first appeared in Stars and S.T.R.I.P.E. #0.
- This character is an adaptation of Merlin, a character in traditional stories. These include, but may not be limited to religious texts, myth, and/or folk lore. More information on the original can be found at Wikipedia.org.
- Stargirl was portrayed by Sarah Grey.
- 5 Appearances of Courtney Whitmore (Arrowverse)
- 6 Images featuring Courtney Whitmore (Arrowverse)
- Quotations by or about Courtney Whitmore (Arrowverse)
- Character Gallery: Courtney Whitmore (Arrowverse)
Justice Society of America member