Looking for a different version of this character?
|As a result of the New 52 in 2011, the entire line of DC characters was relaunched, incorporating properties belonging to the company's imprints: Wildstorm, Milestone, and Vertigo. As such, elements of this character's history have been altered in some way from the previous incarnation. For a complete list of all versions of this character, see our disambiguation page.|
- What haunts a man at night rules him by day.
- — Creeper src
Creeper is an oni who used to be a member of the Sinestro Corps.
Powers and Abilities
- Unique Physiology: The Creeper is an oni, a Japanese demon. As a demon, his birth is unknown but his purpose is clear, he must cause chaos and destruction to any and all he meets.
- Flight: The Creeper is naturally a ghostly spirit who can soar through the night sky.
- Mind Control: The Creeper can whisper suggestions into a weak human's mind and force them to commit terrible actions.
- Possession: The Creeper can possess weak souls to enhance their strengths and feed off of them. He often chooses weak souls to inhabit so he can easily stay rooted to their souls and torment them.
- Superhuman Strength: The Creeper is very strong, throwing fully grown humans around like they were twigs. He was able to swing chains around strong enough to whip up a tornado powerful enough to lift and throw multiple cars.
- Vulnerability to Sunlight: The Creeper comes out at night to torment but must retreat into his host body during the day or he will burn.
- Yellow Power Ring: (Formerly)
- Creeper was created by Steve Ditko, first appearing in Showcase #73. However, in the Prime Earth continuity, Creeper first appeared as part of the New 52 DC Universe in Katana #3 by Ann Nocenti and Cliff Richards.
- The Creeper is a Japanese demon called an Oni.
- Oni don't have names, they are given names to reduce their power. The Creeper named himself.
- 20 Appearances of Creeper (Prime Earth)
- 2 Images featuring Creeper (Prime Earth)
- 5 Quotations by or about Creeper (Prime Earth)
- Character Gallery: Creeper (Prime Earth)
|Sinestro Corps member|
This character is or was a member of the Sinestro Corps, chosen by Sinestro to counteract the Green Lantern Corps and spread terror throughout their sector with a Power Ring.
This template will categorize articles that include it into the "Sinestro Corps members category."
|Justice League member|
This character is or was a member of the Justice League of America, or the Justice League in any of its various incarnations, sworn by a duty to act as guardians of America and the world by using their skills and/or superpowers to protect Earth from both interstellar and domestic threats.