"Dead Again, Part I of III": Crispus Allen is a disembodied spirit forced to wander the Earth. He reflects upon the events, which brought him to his final fate – the night that police officer Jim Corrigan shot him in the back in
- I need help, Crispus Allen. Your help. I need you to join with me on this holy mission. For I require redemption.
Appearing in "Dead Again, Part I of III"
- Charles Simms (First appearance)
- Carl Weiss
- Jim Corrigan (I) (Flashback only)
- Jim Corrigan (II) (Flashback only)
- Dore Allen
- Malcolm Allen
- Marcus Driver
- Jake Allen
Synopsis for "Dead Again, Part I of III"
Crispus Allen is a disembodied spirit forced to wander the Earth. He reflects upon the events, which brought him to his final fate – the night that police officer Jim Corrigan shot him in the back in cold blood. Crispus attends his own funeral and views his family mourning over their loss.
Later, the unfettered Spirit of Vengeance known as the Spectre approaches Crispus and offers him the opportunity to bond with him, and take up his holy mission. Crispus refuses, but the Spectre gives him one year to make his final decision.
During that year, Crispus wanders Gotham City and eventually discovers Batman's true identity. He later follows the trail of an occultist/serial killer, at which point he discovers that he possesses the ability to make physical contact with solid objects. However, he cannot do anything to prevent the occultist from sacrificing his latest victim.
As the year finally passes, the untethered Spectre returns and reiterates his offer to Allen's spirit. Crispus agrees, but under certain conditions. The Spectre ignores Allen's concerns and bonds with him. Crispus Allen becomes the new Spectre.
- This series follows events chronicled in Day of Vengeance and Infinite Crisis, but takes place prior to 52.
- This series contains the title banner, Crisis Aftermath.
- Karl Weiss' first is revealed in issue #2.
- Crispus Allen first appeared in Detective Comics #742. He became the Spectre in Infinite Crisis #6.
- Cameo appearance by Jim Corrigan. Corrigan was once the human host for the Spectre.
- There is one panel showing Batman without his mask. Interestingly, he looks suspiciously a lot like Christian Bale, who played the Dark Knight Detective in the 2005 feature film, Batman Begins.
- Cover gallery for the Crisis Aftermath: The Spectre series
- Images from Crisis Aftermath: The Spectre Vol 1 1
- The Spectre Recommended Reading
- Adventure Comics (Volume 1): Adventure Comics #431– #440
- Countdown to Mystery
- Crisis Aftermath: The Spectre (Volume 1)
- Day of Judgment
- Day of Vengeance
- Final Crisis: Revelations
- More Fun Comics (Volume 1)
- Spectre (Volume 1)
- Spectre (Volume 2)
- Spectre (Volume 3)
- Spectre (Volume 4)
- Tales of the Unexpected (Volume 2)
- Wrath of the Spectre (Volume 1)